White Sox vs. Tigers 12:05 p.m. CT

HeGone33

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 12, 2006 -> 03:21 PM)
Bobby still perfect on the season. Great win!!!

Why should we worry about Bobby? He's perfect on the season, and has only given up that HR to Sanders (he has 3 in the last 3 games) and a bomb to the hottest hitter in the majors.

Are you kidding? He might have gotten the saves, but he's looked horrible in terms of his control and allowing of HR's.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 12, 2006 -> 02:24 PM)
It was a meatball to Shelton, there is no doubt. However, the conditions were pretty s***ty out there.

Im just happy we came away with the W. Whatever works.

They been dialed in to the mid to upper 90's speeds all game with Jose pitching. Bobby doesn't have the movement Jose has and it was pouring. I'll let it the homer slide without knocking Bobby too much.

We have a streak going... :gosox2:

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 12, 2006 -> 01:25 PM)
I'm not too concerned about Jenks.  I'd rather he give up a 2 run homer with a 3 run lead instead of walking Shelton, and bringing the tying run up to bat.  This will be hypocritical of me to say, but I see no reason for complaining after this game.  We won, Contreras dominated without striking out a lot of guys, and Thome is amazing.

BTW...good job Ozzie handling the bullpen.

You're just not fun when you're not complaining. :P

QUOTE(Felix @ Apr 12, 2006 -> 01:26 PM)
Are you kidding?  He might have gotten the saves, but he's looked horrible in terms of his control and allowing of HR's.

He has given up only 1 walk in 18 ABs this year. He gave up a bomb to a guy that has a 1200 OPS this season and 3 HR in 3 straight games and a HR to a guy that leads the league in HR.

Are you kidding?

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 12, 2006 -> 02:27 PM)
He has given up only 1 walk in 18 ABs this year. He gave up a bomb to a guy that has a 1200 OPS this season and 3 HR in 3 straight games and a HR to a guy that leads the league in HR.

Are you kidding?

Control doesn't just mean walks... he has not been able to spot anything.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 12, 2006 -> 01:25 PM)
I'm not too concerned about Jenks.  I'd rather he give up a 2 run homer with a 3 run lead instead of walking Shelton, and bringing the tying run up to bat.  This will be hypocritical of me to say, but I see no reason for complaining after this game.  We won, Contreras dominated without striking out a lot of guys, and Thome is amazing.

BTW...good job Ozzie handling the bullpen.

What a great post. Seriously. There are things to b**** about on this team and going 3-3 in saves is NOT one of them.

The guy is leading the f***ing AL in HR.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 12, 2006 -> 01:28 PM)
wow, im excited for the "should we worry about jenks" threads.

LOL

He just needs to throw his breaking pitch for a strike. That is what balances it all out. As long as he is mid 90s and up with that hammer he will be okay. It would also be good if he could get ahead of the hitters and then go up the ladder. His high 90s heat is a lot harder to hit at the belt and higher and it makes his curve even more attractive.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Apr 12, 2006 -> 01:29 PM)
Control doesn't just mean walks... he has not been able to spot anything.

He's gotten beat on 2 pitches. One a meatball to the best hitter in the AL right now, and another a high, hard fastball to Reggie Sanders, that was a pretty good pitch. And then one walk in his first appearance. But whatever.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 12, 2006 -> 03:27 PM)

Are you kidding?

From what I've seen, his control has not been that good. He hasn't walked that many people, but he's not been able to keep his curveball in the zone, and his fastball is errant at times. And again, he's let up 3 runs in 4 innings to go along with 2 homeruns. He has not been that good this year, and there is reason to worry about him in 1 run games.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 12, 2006 -> 01:29 PM)
Lets see how long this b**** fest can go on for AFTER a W.

Only Soxtalk.... :headshake

Seriously. It's friggin unreal. It was a very nice win. We have cooled down the 2nd hottest team in the AL.