White Sox vs. Tigers 12:05 p.m. CT

HeGone33

QUOTE(Felix @ Apr 12, 2006 -> 01:33 PM)
From what I've seen, his control has not been that good.  He hasn't walked that many people, but he's not been able to keep his curveball in the zone, and his fastball is errant at times.  And again, he's let up 3 runs in 4 innings to go along with 2 homeruns.  He has not been that good this year, and there is reason to worry about him in 1 run games.

Last year April was a suckfest for closers, off the top of my head I know that Lidge and Chad Cordero have already had some issues this year. Bobby might not be pitching great right now but he's getting the job done when he has to.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Apr 12, 2006 -> 02:34 PM)
I for one am not worried about Jenks.  Its a f***in downpour, and Anderson botches the first out.  That is a ton of pressure on the kid.

He had a 3 run lead. If that's too much pressure, which I don't think it is, they have room for him in Charlotte.

I didn't see Jenks pitch today, but his Monday performance against the Tigers was as dominant a performance we've seen from him (outside of Game 1 of the WS). Jenks is never going to have pinpoint control. And yes, he's going to blow his fair share of games. However, he's rebounded quite well as of now from his awful Spring Training, in my opinion. Now, we have got to get our 9/1 hitters going in our lineup. That should be our biggest concern.

And that's a white sox winner! i do have some closer concerns though. granted, shelton is swinging a good bat but bobby left that pitch up in the zone and hitters are just gonna punish those pitches. Jim Thome, I Love You. good game.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 12, 2006 -> 01:36 PM)
He had a 3 run lead. If that's too much pressure, which I don't think it is,  they have room for him in Charlotte.

I'm pretty sure Bobby has a pretty good idea what pressure is.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 12, 2006 -> 07:35 PM)
Last year April was a suckfest for closers, off the top of my head I know that Lidge and Chad Cordero have already had some issues this year.  Bobby might not be pitching great right now but he's getting the job done when he has to.

We won....end of story. It's just too bad we can't get people on base for Thome.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 12, 2006 -> 01:35 PM)
Last year April was a suckfest for closers, off the top of my head I know that Lidge and Chad Cordero have already had some issues this year.  Bobby might not be pitching great right now but he's getting the job done when he has to.

I guess nobody thinks closers blow games. Rivera was terrible at the beginning of last year, and he is the best of all time. Jenks is fine, im not worried at all. If he falters, which is not probably, I think BMAC would be dominant as well.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 12, 2006 -> 02:41 PM)
And make room for who? Javier Lopez? How about Redding?

I get your hate of Jenks, and I have NO PROBLEM with criticism, but we got the W today, and while Jenks has not been pretty, he has seemed to get the job done, while getting some velocity back.

So whats your point??

I was responding to a post that said he had incredible pressure on him today with BA misplaying a ball. I also commented that I didn't believe the pressure was too great for him. All I said was if that was the reason for the meatball, which I didn't think it was, he should be pitching in Charlotte.

dont give up on bobby this early! things would have to go completly to s*** if we were to ditch him. we've seen what big bad bobby could do against teams like the huston astros. give the kid some time and let him work his way into the season with coop at his side.

QUOTE(Dan @ Apr 12, 2006 -> 01:49 PM)
dont give up on bobby this early!  things would have to go completly to s*** if we were to ditch him.  we've seen what big bad bobby could do against teams like the huston astros.  give the kid some time and let him work his way into the season with coop at his side.

the key to bobby is control and his curve. If he has those, no one can touch him.

H

QUOTE(Guillen'sGuy @ Apr 12, 2006 -> 04:18 PM)
I know this has nothing to do with today's game, but how did Freddy look against the Tigers?  I saw his velocity was down in his first start, but was it any better in his second against the Tigers?

He was pitching 90-94 on his fastball, and he looked a lot better.