HeGone33

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dan @ Apr 12, 2006 -> 03:49 PM)
dont give up on bobby this early!  things would have to go completly to s*** if we were to ditch him.

I'm rather certain no one is saying to give up on him. The only reason I was commenting on Jenks was because jphat seems to think that he is having a great year because he hasn't blown a save yet, which is far from being the truth.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 12, 2006 -> 03:21 PM)
Bobby still perfect on the season. Great win!!!

QUOTE(Shamrock4Life @ Apr 12, 2006 -> 04:15 PM)
i would like to see jenks get the day off tomorrow, even if it is a save situation.

He had an offday yesterday. When he pitched 2 days in a row Sunday & Monday, his best performance of the year came Monday.

QUOTE(Felix @ Apr 12, 2006 -> 04:10 PM)
I'm rather certain no one is saying to give up on him.  The only reason I was commenting on Jenks was because jphat seems to think that he is having a great year because he hasn't blown a save yet, which is far from being the truth.

Where did I say that? I said he's perfect on the year. Which he is. He's done the job all four times that he has been called upon. And for teh most part he's ahd a really good year. Just one bad pitch to Shelton. The other run was a bomb by Reggie Sanders on a good pitch. Don't turn into jabroni and start putting words into people's mouths. It's embarassing.

Edited by jphat007

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 12, 2006 -> 07:44 PM)
Where did I say that? I said he's perfect on the year. Which he is. He's done the job all four times that he has been called upon. And for teh most part he's ahd a good year. Just one bad pitch to Shelton. The other was a bomb by Reggie Sanders on a good pitch. Don't turn into jabroni and start putting words into people's mouths. It's embarassing.

Usually saying "he's perfect on the season" indicates someone thinking that he's done great on the year.

But I'm sorry, you never said he was having a great year, you just said he was having a good one (which is still wrong, but whatever).

(and its only 3 saves, not 4 ;))

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 12, 2006 -> 06:44 PM)
Where did I say that? I said he's perfect on the year. Which he is. He's done the job all four times that he has been called upon. And for teh most part he's ahd a really good year. Just one bad pitch to Shelton. The other run was a bomb by Reggie Sanders on a good pitch. Don't turn into jabroni and start putting words into people's mouths. It's embarassing.

Last season you ranked pitchers based entirely on their ERA. You also said record wasn't important. Now Jenks ERA is over 6.00 and you are saying he's having a good year I'm guessing based on 3 saves in 3 save opportunities. I'm trying to understand. A save doesn't make it a great outing. 2 of his 3 saves he had the maximum lead allowed by rule to begin the inning to get credit for the save. He was shaky in both outings but got credited with a save in both. His other save was a 2 run lead, and he looked great. His other outing he pitched 1/3 of an inning, and was having a tough time locating. Of his 4 appearances, I would say he was great in 1, poor in 2, and incomplete in the other. Hopefully he can keep his curveball down, and if he regains velocity, his fastball up. When he got hurt last season it was on low fastballs.

Edited by Dick Allen