AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!!!!

aboz56

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 12, 2006 -> 02:02 PM)
This is a guy you have to be patient with.  He is a rook that can get wild at times.  You have to make him throw strikes and elevate his pitch count.  He is also someone that you need to look oppo on because his high 90s heat is something hard to get around on. 

Konerko should do well as this guy will challenge our hitters with a good fastball.

The benefit of this is we will face a similiar type arm in AJ Burnett this weekend.  So this will help us get ready for that.

The good thing is that this team hits fastballs like its their job. They have problems when they run into junkballers like Byrd etc./

EAT s*** TIGERS!!!!!!!!!

Once again, the biggest, baddest .500 team ever assembled falters at our feet. Maybe someday when they grow up they can play ball with us but I certainly won't be alive when it happens and neither will my kids.

THOME = A f***ING BEAST!!!!!

Contreras = Dominator!!!!!!!!! When was the last time he lost anyway?!!?

WE f***ING RULE!!!!

GO SOX!!

QUOTE(Guillen'sGuy @ Apr 12, 2006 -> 02:25 PM)
Nothing to do with today's game, but wanted to hear some thoughts about Freddy.  I saw his first game this year and his velocity was way down.  Did he look any better or have any added velocity in his second start?

Much better.....hitting up to 94 on the gun and was challenging hitters with a well located fastball rather than throwing a bunch of junk. Looks like the pitching is getting back on track.

Thumb. I kinda like that.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Apr 12, 2006 -> 03:04 PM)
Contreras = Dominator!!!!!!!!!  When was the last time he lost anyway?!!?

Interestingly enough, I believe the answer to that question is game 1 of the ALCS, where Paul Byrd beat the White Sox 3-2.

Jose Contreras! Can we say enough about him? He's just nasty!!!!

Jim Thome!!! What a beast!

This all started w/ Buerhle leading the way, now freddy and jose followed suit. Its time for Garland to bounce back and Javier to continue on w/ his success.

:cheers

Edited by GreatScott82

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Apr 12, 2006 -> 07:35 PM)
Nice game!  Jenks was a little shaky, but I actually thought that with the exception of one pitch, he looked alright.  Unfortunately, that one pitch made the game a little scary.

:cheers to Mr. Thome, Jose, Pauly, etc.

Just finished watching Thome's post game interview.  Gave the Comcast guy a pat on the back after the interview.  I know its been said many times before, but he sure is one classy guy.

I am concerned that Bobbie Jenks is not up to the task of being a closer. You have a fellow with alot of talewnt, but he hasn't played higher than AA ball before last year and doesn't have the experience. You don't have the luxury as a pennant contending club to OJT your closer. Jenks has not looked good more than once already this season and needs to step it upia notch quick. If we were in a one-run game today in the 9th we would have lost it one bad pitch or not.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Apr 12, 2006 -> 07:15 PM)
I am concerned that Bobbie Jenks is not up to the task of being a closer. You have a fellow with  alot of talewnt, but he hasn't played higher than AA ball before last year and doesn't have the experience. You don't have the luxury as a pennant contending club to OJT your closer. Jenks has not looked good more than once already this season and needs to step it upia notch quick. If we were in a one-run game today in the 9th we would have lost it one bad pitch or not.

But.. but... he's perfect in save opportunities! That must mean he's done well!

In all seriousness, I agree completely with you.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Apr 12, 2006 -> 05:15 PM)
If we were in a one-run game today in the 9th we would have lost it one bad pitch or not.

Ya, well we werent and that makes a big difference in the pitchers mindset.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Tannerfan @ Apr 12, 2006 -> 05:38 PM)
Jim Thome: The New Hurt

Jim Thome has been awesome so far. Most of his HRs meant a lot during the games it was hit. Thome is clutch. We just need to have Pods learn how to get on base again.

Right now, Jenks is still the closer no ifs or buts. He hasn't looked dominating at all, but until he starts blowing saves, Ozzie's not going to make a change. Of course, Cotts and Politte haven't been back to their 2005 form either, which makes the situation a little easier.

Thome's been a godsend to this offense. It's funny how Carl Everett complains about how KW treated him, and how he should have been re-signed. Well let's have a look at how the 2 hitters have done so far.

Thome - .346/.514/.1000

Everett - .115/.258/.269

OOPS. :bang