AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!!!!

aboz56

Well, as far the nickname for Thome, I like Lumberjack or Three-Strong Gorilla. But, what about a nickname for his home runs?

THOME RUN! Get it? T-Home Run ;) Thats what I call them now anyways.

I just jump up and scream "THOME RUN" (pronounced NOT like his last name, but HOME with a T) and everyone in the room with me knows what I mean! :)

But damn, Contreras DOMINATED today. This is great. COME ON GARLAND! Make it 5 amazing starts in a row!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. I vote for "lumberjack"

2. Would I like more offense? Of course, who doesn't. But, these last three games have looked like last year. MB was the ace, Garcia looked better and threw the ball more than 80 mph and Contreras was nasty again. The offense is doing enough. The Sox, as last year, will go as far as their starting pitchers take them and that's a good situation considering who our starters are.

3. What's missing in the offense? Obviously Pods is one big answer but the overall answer is simply that the Sox aren't manufacturing any "Ozzieball" runs right now. That involves Uribe, Anderson, Pods and Iguchi. Dye, Crede and Konerko have helped Thome out the last three games, but half of the order is useless right now and it happens to be everyone that can run/manufacture as well as set the table for Thome to hit three-run bombs instead of solos.

4. I have no problem with "Joe and Two", but right now "Juan y Dos" is more appropriate.

Complaining aside, :sweep: 's are fun and tomorrow we'll have one, nothing like playing the Tigers to make everything better in a hurry :gosox3:

QUOTE(greg775 @ Apr 12, 2006 -> 10:27 PM)
Anderson still isn't hitting. Has he looked any better at the plate at

least? I haven't seen the last couple days since his lousy at bats

versus KC.

He has looked brutal, striking out alot. Missing on alot of low and outside pitches.