Game Thread - 04/13 Garland vs. Verlander

BigSqwert

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 13, 2006 -> 12:50 PM)
Heads, its not even worth it. Funny there are certain posters that seem to come around all the sudden the game turns, isnt it?

Yep. Happen to be mysteriously absent when everything is going right. I was reading some old posts from last year about how COtts would never add up to anything and how stupid Ozzie was. That turned out to be prophetic.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 13, 2006 -> 06:50 PM)
Heads, its not even worth it. Funny there are certain posters that seem to come around all the sudden the game turns, isnt it?

For the record, I just got back from lunch about 20 minutes ago. By the time I got done reading this whole thread, Garland was on the verge of blowing it.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 13, 2006 -> 12:51 PM)
^^^

Exactly.  Why fry the pen if you don't have to?  You have to expect garland to get one out in that situation.

The best part is going to be the yahoo's who start the "bench garland" threads.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 13, 2006 -> 06:49 PM)
He had an 8 run lead and he's trying to save the pen.    You'd think Jon could hold it.

Exactly what it is. Garland just couldn't put them away when he did have the advantage in the count. If Garland doesn't do well in his next start vs KC on Tuesday, time to seriously consider swapping him with Brandon.

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Apr 13, 2006 -> 01:51 PM)
Craig Monroe singles on a line drive to center fielder Brian Anderson.    Carlos Guillen scores.  Craig Monroe out at 2nd, center fielder Brian Anderson to catcher A.  J.  Pierzynski to second baseman Tadahito Iguchi to shortstop Alex Cintron to second baseman Tadahito Iguchi. 

Were they playing hot Potato or what?

Just your standard 8-2-4-6-4 putout. :D

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 13, 2006 -> 06:51 PM)
Seriously.

Just have to have 1 more then the other guys at the end of 9.

This is correct! However, I am just concerned with Jon Garland. To give up 9 runs in KC and nopw 7 or whatever in Detroit in about 5 innings when the guy was lights out last year makes you worried he has some arm problem. :o

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Apr 13, 2006 -> 12:54 PM)
This is correct! However, I am just concerned with Jon Garland. To give up 9 runs in KC and nopw 7 or whatever in Detroit in about 5 innings when the guy was lights out last year makes you worried he has some arm problem.  :o

Or maybe just a bad outing?

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Apr 13, 2006 -> 06:53 PM)
It is now a save situation with 4 innings left to go.  We don't have much of a cushion anymore.

Ozzie wanted Jenks to get a save again.....more saves he gets, more chance he makes it to All Star team (remember Ozzie will be picking AL squad this year)

:bang