Game Thread - 04/13 Garland vs. Verlander

BigSqwert

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Apr 13, 2006 -> 12:45 PM)
Galand is getting too much run support, seriously, i think he gets to relaxed on the mound.

He has always pitched much better when the game is close. Don't know why. I'd much rather him pitch with a 5 run lead though.

Garland didnt have his good stuff from pitch #1. He wasnt around the strike zone much and struggled a little. IM not worried about him at all. He has the ability, and I think that his next outing will be a good one.

Also here is some good comments from the detroit tigers board

"ts just all of their pitchers had career years last year... not to mention they won so many games off of flukes... They also won close to 1/2 their games by 1 or 2 runs. It was rediculous how much luck they had... this year we can see whether last year was a fluke or not.... I dont expect them to do better than 5-6 games over .500 this year..."

QUOTE(rudylaw @ Apr 13, 2006 -> 12:45 PM)
People keep talking about how they are concerned with Jenks, I am a hell of a lot more concerned with Jon.  2 starts 20 hits.  I hope last year was not a fluke.

SO what? He has had 2 starts. Last start he looked dominant for several innings before the defense fell apart. Im not worried at all. It was apparant from pitch #1 that he didnt have his good stuff today. It happens.