Game Thread - 04/13 Garland vs. Verlander

BigSqwert

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Apr 13, 2006 -> 07:02 PM)
JG will be the odd man out this winter!

No, I don't think you can say that in week 2 of the season. Jon Garland is probbaly my favorite Sox pitcher to watch when he is going good. The guy can be a phenomenal pitcher. But, when he is bad it stinks. But, then all bad games stink I guess.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Apr 13, 2006 -> 01:02 PM)
Which old self are you talking about? The 18 game winner from last year or the erractic 5.00 era, .500 pitcher in the years previous?

Since he's been a full time starter, he's never had an era over 5.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Apr 13, 2006 -> 01:05 PM)
No, I don't think you can say that in week 2 of the season. Jon Garland is probbaly my favorite Sox pitcher to watch when he is going good. The guy can be a phenomenal pitcher. But, when he is bad it stinks. But, then all bad games stink I guess.

He relies on hitters getting themselves out. He gives up alot of contact. Sometimes the hits are going to find holes. This is what happened today. Against KC, he pitched very well, then the defense really failed him.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 13, 2006 -> 02:03 PM)
If he reverts to his form before last season, his contract will be difficult to move. He'll get better. He can't get worse.

No he will not teams always will overpay for pitching in this era.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 13, 2006 -> 02:06 PM)
He relies on hitters getting themselves out.  He gives up alot of contact.  Sometimes the hits are going to find holes.  This is what happened today.  Against KC, he pitched very well, then the defense really failed him.

Ozzie thought he pitched like s*** vs. KC

Garland is the Sox's 5th starter in all reality.

Think back to the years where the White Sox went the entire season and got 0 wins from their 5th starter.

No need to throw Jon under the bus after 2 bad games. No need even if he slumps the entire first month.

Its not where you start the race, its where you finish it.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 13, 2006 -> 02:05 PM)
Since he's been a full time starter, he's never had an era over 5.

I knew as soon as I hit 'add reply' I would be called out on that. A couple of seasons of 4.80 and one around 4.60. My bad..but my final point remains the same.

Who cares, were in the middle of our second catastrophic collapse in one week.