Hide - under the car - and seek.

Steff

http://kutv.com/topstories/local_story_102233636.html

Child Found Clinging To Bottom Of Moving Car

Save It E-mail It Print It

(KUTV) MAPLETON A simple game of "hide and seek" nearly turned deadly Wednesday for a four-year-old boy in Utah County. It happened when the child chose a very dangerous place to hide near his home in Mapleton. He crawled up underneath a car just as the driver got behind the wheel.

"So I actually looked in my car, I never thought to look under my car," said Robyn Stone.

Taylor Harris was playing at a neighbor's house when he found what looked like a great hiding spot hanging from the underside of a minivan.

"Unbeknown by any of us, Taylor had wedged himself up, under the car, and was holding onto a bar playing hide and go seek,” said Taylor’s mother Rachel Harris.

When no one could find him frantic family and friends spread-out in every direction to search.

"A lot of the neighbors were driving around looking for him," said Rachel.

“I was driving down to a construction site I thought maybe they had seen them," recounts Robyn.

But what neighbor Robyn Stone didn't know was that Taylor was desperately holding on just feet behind her seat. As she was driving around, she slowed just enough to hear a sound.

"I was crying," said Taylor.

"So I turned around, and at that point I started to hear him cry," said Robyn, crying herself as she thought about what could have happened to Taylor.

Robyn jumped out of her car, and there was little Taylor crawling out from under the rear bumper.

"…And I looked under, he had finally – I guess exhausted – finally he laid down. I pulled him out and just was so thankful that he was in one piece,” said Robyn.

At speeds up to 40 miles-per-hour, the frightened four-year-old clung to dear life.

"It looks like he wrapped his arms around the rear wheel shaft of the car between the back two tires and had stuck his feet up between the spare tire and the bottom of the car," said Rachel.

"Crawled under the car, and started to go and I was under the car," said Taylor.

After his bumpy ride Taylor didn't have a scratch on him. This story also shows how kids can crawl into places many of us wouldn't think to look for them. Taylor's family called it a miracle that he wasn't hurt.