Sox Radio Poll

aboz56

Do you still listen to the White Sox on the radio?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still listen to the White Sox on the radio?

• YES
    • NO

One of my favorite things to do is now ruined. The Score has found a way to ruin Sox radio with Farmer as play-by-play, Singleton as Color and Rongey as the pre/post host.

Vote and discuss.

Hopefully someone from the Score stumbles across this poll.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Apr 14, 2006 -> 10:13 AM)
One of my favorite things to do is now ruined.  The Score has found a way to ruin Sox radio with Farmer as play-by-play, Singleton as Color and Rongey as the pre/post host. 

Vote and discuss.

Aboz is on a mission.

Singleton is brutal. Baseball can be a fast game. The ball takes a second or so to travel the 60' 6"and then the play itself takes 10 seconds or less. Why that is going on Singelton is studdering, stammering and pausing pretty much ruining the fluid play. Then he gets on a tangent and cant let it go. He has to finish the sentence. No matter how long it takes him, and no matter how many pitches or plays we miss.

Here is a brief example of the same sequence done by Rooney and done by Singleton

Rooney: Johnson steps and fires, hum baby for strike one. Johnson rocks and fires, Pauly hits it deep to left center, Matsui going back to the track, to the wall, and Its a Goner.

Singleton: Still doing the lineups as the first pitch is thrown. Johnson is tall. Farmer interjects and says strike one. The pitcher, Randy JOHN pause SON throws a hard ball, and its hit, the ball is hit to left, pause, its going over the left fielders head, its over the left fielders head, and its yup over the wall, and that would be a home run.

I think some people tend to overexagerate the general crappiness of our radio team. We are simply used to such a high standard with Rooney, that our present team, (which is probably average compared to most MLB teams) is considerably worse than before.

Just remember, it could always be worse... we could be listening to Ron Santo

QUOTE(AbeFroman @ Apr 14, 2006 -> 12:24 PM)

Ron Santo at least has comedic value with his great remarks "those heaters in the dugout blow out hot air when its cold outside", our booth on the other hand is just dead. No chemistry whatsoever, Singleton doesnt even acknowledge Farmeo's questions at times.... much bigger stuff to worry about though liek the reappearance of Judy Garland

QUOTE(AbeFroman @ Apr 14, 2006 -> 12:24 PM)
I think some people tend to overexagerate the general crappiness of our radio team.  We are simply used to such a high standard with Rooney, that our present team, (which is probably average compared to most MLB teams) is considerably worse than before. 

I'll take Ron Santo. I could live with Farmer, but when Singleton does play by play it's painful. And the worse part is when it's a close game in the ninth and they are trying to talk about some disco bar in the 80's or something. I'm an old man, I used to listen to Bob Elson with my radio hidden under my pillow. At least now we usually have t.v. I guess tonight I'll watch game cast on ESPN and imagine my own play by play.

The Score dropped the ball. The have the world champs coming over and instead of leaving Farmer at color and bringing in a top notch play by play guy, they IMMEDIATELY move Farmer to play by play and higher a below average color guy.

Lots of good play by play guys would of applied for that job and the broadcast would be better. Previous years, I muted the TV and had Rooney on, now do I watch on Mute?

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Apr 14, 2006 -> 10:13 AM)
One of my favorite things to do is now ruined.  The Score has found a way to ruin Sox radio with Farmer as play-by-play, Singleton as Color and Rongey as the pre/post host. 

Vote and discuss.

Only when I'm at work and have no choice. Singleton's BAD.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 14, 2006 -> 10:15 AM)
If I can't get to a TV and the Sox are playing I'll put on the radio. I really don't give a s*** who's doing the broadcast, if I can't follow the Sox any other way I'll put on 670.

My thought exactly, there will be times I work nights or am on the road and will just have to tune in to 670.

Thank the Lord for Game Cast at work-I cant listen to Singleton-and he's getting worse. He thinks he's getting smooth-and doesnt decribe plays and is way behind whats going on-I listened to my last one yesterday working in the garage. Its a shame. The post game host is terrible. ANYTHING associated with 670 has always been minor league .