Game Thread - 04/14 Vazquez vs. Downs

BigSqwert

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxPride56 @ Apr 14, 2006 -> 01:50 PM)
From the Blog:

Ozuna, LF; Iguchi, 2B; Thome, DH; PK, 1B; Dye, RF; Crede, 3B; Cintron, SS; Widger, C; Anderson, CF.  Javier Vazquez pitching.

Two bench players in the starting lineup seems okay, but THREE????????? Why does Ozzie do that? Grrrr..........

QUOTE(iWiN4PreP @ Apr 14, 2006 -> 05:02 PM)
I dont understand why where benching uribe 2 days in a row.

I have np with cintron and love him. but Uribe is are starter, and this is sorda disrespectful to him...

Ah will see what happens

+ ozuna in left field is ugly, but good pods gets a much needed rest .

My eyebrows went up when Uribe subbed for Cintron in the 9th in Detroit. Ozzie was telling him he was the better fielder. Now Oz is saying that I'm not going to just sit here and watch your profundo home run swing. If you want to be an everyday starter you need to start playing the right way, my way. The line up is already nursing Pods and Anderson, the White Sox need contact with the ball. Juan is hitting .167, Cintron .400.

Barring any major wind issues, Ozuna can play the field decently enough. Pods has been so bad that Pablo has become the better option for right now. Hopefully he doesn't screw up in the field.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Apr 14, 2006 -> 05:37 PM)
Two bench players in the starting lineup seems okay, but THREE?????????  Why does Ozzie do that?  Grrrr..........

As was posted, I don't think you really count Cintron as a bench player, comparing his and Uribe's starts to the season.

QUOTE(iWiN4PreP @ Apr 14, 2006 -> 06:43 PM)
ah thats true with the nursing pods and anderson idea.

And I have np with Cintron being in the lineup, i love him, just is weird snubbing uribe twice in a row. :]

Ride the hot bats while you can.

I loved how Alex looked yesterday, so I'm glad he's back in there tonight. If anyone deserves a night off, though, it's Brian Anderson.

Here's hoping Javy continues what he did in KC, Toronto looked damn good against Boston.

Let's keep the mo' going from yesterday.

:gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox2: :gosoxretro: :gosox4: :gosox3:

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Apr 14, 2006 -> 06:56 PM)
If he is playing and Pods is on the bench, why not bat Cintron leadoff.  He is the hot man right now.

Because Cintron will hit for occassional power while Ozuna is a bit of a slap hitter who bunts well.

QUOTE(G&T @ Apr 14, 2006 -> 06:57 PM)
Because Cintron will hit for occassional power while Ozuna is a bit of a slap hitter who bunts well.

The difference in power is minimal. They are both slap hitters by trade. The one great difference is one of them had two triples in his last game, and is slightly hotter. IMO

One thing Ozzie could be thinking--although I doubt it--is that he'll give Uribe the day off with the strikeout pitcher Vasquez on the mound and try and ride the hot hand of Cintron at the plate.

That's the only reason I can wrap my mind around this one. Uribe is a streaky hitter and isn't going to get hot sitting on the bench. His streaks will even out to his career average 730 OPS by the end of the season at the worst.

I just shake my head at him being on the bench two games in a row.

Nothing like having those slap hitters at the top of the lineup!

QUOTE(Felix @ Apr 14, 2006 -> 06:21 PM)
No Pods today?  *phew*

And Uribe is out for 2 days in a row?  Cintron must be getting some praise from Ozzie.

Pods needs a break. He just seems out of it here in the early going. Maybe a day on the bench will clear his head.