Game Thread - 04/14 Vazquez vs. Downs

BigSqwert

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 14, 2006 -> 09:58 PM)
Well......Politte's terrible now.  I'm sure happy we were bunting in the 5th inning though.

I'm going to mark this game up as worst game of the year. Absolutely horribly played by almost everyone on the team. We were up 3, with our "dominant" pitcher in. He should have come out after it was 5 to 4, and this game is a different game. Anderson needs to go, hes done. He's horrible. We're in big trouble if Politte keeps throwing beach balls out there over the plate.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 14, 2006 -> 08:59 PM)
And yes....here comes Hawk with his juiced ball theory.  My personal theory isn't that the ball is juiced.  Rather, the pitching around baseball sucks this year.

Well. It's something. The number of runs scored in early April is pretty staggering.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Apr 15, 2006 -> 03:00 AM)
I'm going to mark this game up as worst game of the year. Absolutely horribly played by almost everyone on the team. We were up 3, with our "dominant" pitcher in. He should have come out after it was 5 to 4, and this game is a different game.  Anderson needs to go, hes done. He's horrible. We're in big trouble if Politte keeps throwing beach balls out there over the plate.

Last Friday was worse than this. I don't even think it's close. If Ozuna can catch a routine fly ball, we win that game easily.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 15, 2006 -> 03:00 AM)
Well. It's something. The number of runs scored in early April is pretty staggering.

Look around baseball. Every pitcher is 2 or 3 mph slower this year. Also, I've never seen so many no-name relievers on teams. I consider myself a knowledgable baseball person, and I haven't heard of about 20 pct of the relievers in the majors.

Instead of giving that championship wrestling belt to the player of the game they should slap the hell out of the worst player of the game with it!!! last Fri pablo...Today...BA! oh and Cliffy! omg...shoot me now!

Edited by 3RDBASE

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 15, 2006 -> 03:04 AM)
If it continues for awhile, I would imagine he'd just switch Cliff and Bmac.

That wouldn't work out, because Cliff would still have to pitch a good amount. And I also think that Ozzie already has made that move.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 14, 2006 -> 09:04 PM)
If it continues for awhile, I would imagine he'd just switch Cliff and Bmac.

That switch has already been made.

Bmac has been in the competitve games at the end. And Cliffy is throwing extended BP when we go down by a few.