Game Thread - 04/14 Vazquez vs. Downs

BigSqwert

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, if Dye weren't a monster, we're down 3. Thank god he's got an arm, what a throw and relay! Javier is done, and his ERA has ballooned to 6.94. I just can't make sense of this pitching staff. :(

Let's go offense, you did well so far, it's too bad we need to get more. 5 runs should be plenty with the pitching staff we have, atleast on paper.

QUOTE(FlaCWS @ Apr 15, 2006 -> 02:22 AM)
This isn't a second-guess. About 4 batters ago I was wondering why no one was up in the pen. It was clear that Vazquez was struggling. And he's still out there getting hit. I don't get it. I have a ton of confidence in Javy, but on this night he didn't have his stuff. He should've been out of there at 5-4 IMO.

If you've seen one Ozzie managed game, you've seen them all. He'll almost always keep that starter in to finish the 5th inning.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Apr 14, 2006 -> 08:23 PM)
Wow, if Dye weren't a monster, we're down 3. Thank god he's got an arm, what a throw and relay! Javier is done, and his ERA has ballooned to 6.94. I just can't make sense of this pitching staff. :(

Let's go offense, you did well so far, it's too bad we need to get more. 5 runs should be plenty with the pitching staff we have, atleast on paper.

If Dye would have hit the cutoff man, Javy might have gotten a DP out of the third hitter.

Ozzie can almost never see a meltdown taking place. He always stretches his starter too far. Did it with Garland the other day.

It's early in the year. You don't yank these high paid pitchers before

they even work 5 innings.

He's managing for the season, folks.

Ozzie can almost never see a meltdown taking place.  He always stretches his starter too far.  Did it with Garland the other day.

It's early in the year. You don't yank these high paid pitchers before

they even work 5 innings.

He's managing for the season, folks.

Your logic is faulty. A win tonight counts the same as a win later in the season.