Game Thread - 04/14 Vazquez vs. Downs

BigSqwert

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 14, 2006 -> 09:33 PM)
Sign #50 that this isn't 2005 anymore.....Cotts has allowed more homers this year than he did all of last year.

It's happening all around the league. There must be "something" in the air because even mediocre teams have quickly become offensive juggernauts.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Apr 14, 2006 -> 10:40 PM)
I'm still trying to forget the ugliness of the Ozuna game.

That'll be difficult because it's been forever since I've seen you focus on anything f***ing positive.

We are now 5-1 in games in which Thome homers and 0-4 in games in which he doesn't. That won't last obviously.

Also, great game for Pablo tonight. He now leads the team in hitting, and has an OPS over 1.100. Crede was good as well.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 14, 2006 -> 10:41 PM)
We are now 5-1 in games in which Thome homers and 0-4 in games in which he doesn't. That won't last obviously.

Also, great game for Pablo tonight. He now leads the team in hitting, and has an OPS over 1.100. Crede was good as well.

I've been impressed with Crede. He seems to be grabbing some of the momentum he had at the end of the year.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Apr 15, 2006 -> 03:42 AM)
I've been impressed with Crede. He seems to be grabbing some of the momentum he had at the end of the year.

Yep, he's been hitting the ball very hard so far this year. Of course....the key for him is being consistent.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 14, 2006 -> 10:42 PM)
Coming from me, this probably means nothing.  However, jabs is positive in the chats.

LOL, I guess i'm one of the people that likes you then. I don't usually agree with you, but still.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Apr 14, 2006 -> 10:42 PM)
Thome is a beast.  That's positive.  The bullpen is obviously shaky and Ozzie leaves his starters in too long but maybe that's why.

I'll give him a little more than roughly 7 percent of the season.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 14, 2006 -> 09:41 PM)

It was good to see Pablo step back in there and have a positive game.