Game Thread - 04/14 Vazquez vs. Downs

BigSqwert

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ Apr 14, 2006 -> 07:12 PM)
Very ugly at bat.

And people wonder why I criticize our minor league system. Anderson's loopy swing is continually exploited by major league pitchers. His plate approach isn't exactly good, either. What's funny is he's the best we have in a position of supposed strength.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 14, 2006 -> 09:22 PM)
And people wonder why I criticize our minor league system. Anderson's loopy swing is continually exploited by major league pitchers. His plate approach isn't exactly good, either. What's funny is he's the best we have in a position of supposed strength.

It was only a position of strength until we traded Chris Young.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 15, 2006 -> 01:22 AM)

It just seems like the hitters we call up from the majors have a very hard time adjusting to the "speed" of the game. Anderson has no confidence at the plate right now.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 14, 2006 -> 09:22 PM)

When he is right (like not at the moment), his swing is not loopy. It's pretty short and quick.

Jeremy Reed has looked pretty good for the Mariners so far this year.

Jeremy Reed has looked pretty good for the Mariners so far this year.

Maybe it's no so much the drafting and teaching, but the willingness of KW to trade the best prospects for estabilished major leaguers?

The Reed trade has been a "win" for the Sox every year, and probably will be this year. 2007 and beyond though I think the Mariners will have the upper hand. Not a bad deal for either club IMO.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 14, 2006 -> 07:29 PM)
If only AJP was on the bases also.  They make Thome look like a speedster.

LOL, that happened friday or saturday of last week against the royals(saturday I believe), I said to one of my friends "this is the slowest threesome any team in the majors can have on base."