Sexual Harrassment charges for a librarian

EvilMonkey

IN a nutshell, a librarian, after seeing the book list for a freshman reading program loaded with books that he thought had a liberal bent, he suggested 4 books that had a conservative bent. He is then charged with sexual harrassment because three seriously inadaquate professors complained that the books made them feel 'unsafe'. GET A LIFE!

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Apr 14, 2006 -> 10:07 PM)
IN a nutshell, a librarian, after seeing the book list for a freshman reading program loaded with books that he thought had a liberal bent, he suggested 4 books that had a conservative bent.  He is then charged with sexual harrassment because three seriously inadaquate professors complained that the books made them feel 'unsafe'.  GET A LIFE!

What a bunch of sorry POS's. The whining of America continues.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Apr 15, 2006 -> 05:06 PM)
That's scary that someone can feel "threatened" by a book - um, how about do not read it if it turns you off?

What are the titles that he suggested?

Sorry, thought I put the link in there.

http://www.alliancedefensefund.org/news/story.aspx?cid=3724

The four books he suggested were The Marketing of Evil by David Kupelian, The Professors by David Horowitz, Eurabia:  The Euro-Arab Axis by Bat Ye’or, and It Takes a Family by Senator Rick Santorum

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Apr 15, 2006 -> 12:02 PM)
Sorry, thought I put the link in there.

http://www.alliancedefensefund.org/news/story.aspx?cid=3724

Reading anything by David Horowitz is just like asking for somebody to take a s*** on your brain. I wouldn't ban anybody from reading it but rather just suggest a title that is a bit better than one written by an intellectually dishonest sack of bile.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Apr 15, 2006 -> 06:40 PM)
Its the continued "pussification" of America...

Yes, just like Tiger Woods having to say he is sorry to spaz around the world. While the books may or may not have been good reading, filing charges against a person for recommending them is almost as pussified as you can get.

Here are a few of the OSU professors' March 9 intra-faculty e-mail comments:

* Hamlin: "On the matter of homophobia, I think you should be rather careful, Scott. OSU's policy on discrimination is not simply a matter of academic orthodoxy, but a matter of human rights. Re Kupelian's book, would you advocate a book that was racist or antisemitic [sic], or are you arguing that homosexuals are not in the same category and that homophobia is not therefore a matter of discrimination but of rational argument? And what are we supposed to make of the fact that Kupelian's Armenian family died in the holocaust? Does this mean that he then has the right to spout bigotry about other minorities with impunity?

* Jones: "The anti-gay book Scott Savage endorses (below) falsely claims that 'the widely revered father of the 'sexual revolution' has been irrefutably exposed as a full-fledged sexual psychopath who encouraged pedophilia." This is a factually untrue characterization of Dr. Kinsey and his work on every point. ... I am frankly embarrassed for you, Scott, that you would endorse this kind of homophobic tripe.

* Buckley: "Rather than waste your time with the paucity of intellectual rigor that Kupelian brings to the table, I encourage you to visit his website, and see for yourself his unmitigated homophobia and xenophobia. In short, he is a pontificating, phobic, cultural atavism bemoaning the loss of an (Anglo) America that only existed on such shows as "The Lone Ranger." ... As a gay man I have long ago realized that the world is full of homophobic, hate-mongers who, of course, say that they are not. So I am not shocked, only deeply saddened – and THREATENED – that such mindless folks are on this great campus. I am ending now, with the hope that I have seriously challenged you Scott, and anyone who "thinks" as you purport to do. You have made me fearful and uneasy being a gay man on this campus. I am, in fact, notifying the OSU-M campus, and Ohio State University in general, that I no longer feel safe doing my job. I am being harassed."

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Apr 16, 2006 -> 03:35 PM)
Yes, because I am liberally minded must mean that I love Michael Moore!

Sorry, no.  He is the Coulter of the left and an entertainer more than a serious political pundit.  But please, try to put more words in my mouth.

i didn't put any words in your mouth.

i made an assumption about you.