Sports Shrink

Jim Fainter

I think we need one.  Did the Sox expect to lose, or am I imagining things?  Did we get any more profound thoughts from Maggs after this loss?  Pretty soon we will see the Q word with this team.

THis team has always been mentally weak. Its just worse now. Get rid of f***ing Manuel and we cant help but get stronger.

#1 reason..but its also the fact that they just have a slow team..no team speed what so ever.

They need to overhaul the whole offense...

Yup. The only guy i can think of worth keeping is Ordonez.

Maybe they should hire Chris Myers who writes columns from a psychological standpoint every couple weeks.

The Sox are gonna need a team of psychiatrists its such a mess...

If only this Chris Myers go, in a weeks time he's the one who is gonna need a shrink.. :bang

#1 reason..but its also the fact that they just have a slow team..no team speed what so ever.

They need to overhaul the whole offense...

Yup. The only guy i can think of worth keeping is Ordonez.

I assume you mean out of the guys making money. In that case....I do agree.

If you meant out of starting players....and I highly doubt that, because it would be just plain stupid of you to say something like that....then I would disagree. Olivo, Borchard, Crede, and DJ(am I missing anyone) are the ones in the starting lineup that need to stay.

Also....I'd keep one of Thomas/Konerko/Lee....preferably NOT Konerko....to stay and play 1B. Whether it be Thomas or Lee....I could give a s***. Lee is a hitter that will probably give us a .270-.300 25-30 80-100 season consistently, walking as much as he strikes out....but when Thomas gets hot....he can carry a team on his back. My beef with Thomas is that he doesn't get hot often enough.

I believe that if he got hot over the next two months....we could keep the s***bricks that aren't producing right now and we'd be in first place by August. Thomas getting hot for two months is like saying pigs can fly.

We then just go into retooling mode...because, IMO, we actually wouldn't be rebuilding. If I could...I'd keep Bart....but I'd get a ton for Esteban....just keep getting all the offers we can until July 31 comes along....and when the deadline hits....we take the best one...simple as that.

I'd also trade away Gordon, Glover, Wunsch, and Koch and get what we can. I then make Damaso the full-time closer, for atleast 2004. If we can....try to get something for White. Hell, I'd be happy with Jon Adkins Jr for White...hell, I'd be throwing a f***in party if we got Jon Adkins Jr for White. I'd trade Garland too....unless the offers are all too s***ty.

Our rotation for next year would be Colon, Buehrle, Garland(unless traded), Rauch, Stewart...and if Garland is traded....someone else brought in by FA. Our bullpen is Marte, Almonte, Diaz, Sanders, Wright, and Ginter(I realize Ginter isn't a lefty)/Munoz/some other lefty. Wright becomes the setup man, and is eventually moved into the closer's role.....05, 06, somewhere around there.

That's all I got, because I don't have a damn clue about who we would trade our hitters for and what not.