Anderson not first to get off so slowly

greasywheels121

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 16, 2006 -> 05:53 PM)
Different situations with Pods and Brian.  I agree that he needs to play but ozzie might have wanted to give him a few days off just to clear his head.  I'd bet he plays the whole KC series.

Plus you have to remember Pods has had success at hte major leauge level, Anderson hasn't.

OK, here is my question about BA. Has anyone else noticed that fraction-of-a-second hitch? It looks to me like he sets, strides, and then pauses for just a hair of a second... then swings. And that little hesitation puts him behind all the pitches.

Anyone else notice that?

Maybe he is trying too hard to read the pitches and figure them out, instead of going more on instinct. I don't know. But there is definitely a weird pause there.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 10:41 PM)
No need to jump off the bandwagon yet.

As long as we're winning, he can play and try to learn from this.

p.s. Did you see how frustrated he was after his final at bat?

Did you see how awful his swings were in his final at bat? I would be frustrated too. He had a nice single in the first inning and then the Royals just moved in and out on him and he just got confused in every at bat.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 02:02 PM)
My only question is if all these people jumping off the BA bandwagon are allowed to climb back on.  He's a rookie who is replacing arguably the most beloved player on last year's WS winning team. Give him time, he will produce.

s***, I should go back and dig out some of the threads from 2003 about the most beloved player and see what people have to say for themselves today. I swear everyday someone was ripping Rowand.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 10:32 AM)
s***, I should go back and dig out some of the threads from 2003 about the most beloved player and see what people have to say for themselves today.  I swear everyday someone was ripping Rowand.

And let's not even TOUCH Neal Cotts. :P

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 10:53 AM)
And let's not even TOUCH Neal Cotts. :P

Just randomly poking around, I found some of these gem quotes... I'll not post any names, but suffice to say, ROTFLMAO.

"Aaron has never shown the tools to be a solid major leaguer. He has no plate discipline, little if any power, and is retchid at the plate. He should be relegated to a 4th of 5th OF spot, period. "

"I like Rios better than Rowand. "

"Rowand = 4th outfielder... At best. Love the guys hustle, but he blows."

" Bingo! I'll take Rios over Rowand because Rios is swinging the better bat right now. Borchard can't progress fast enough now that the White Sox have a hole in CF though. "

Aaron Rowand talk circa 2003. There were multiple people who wanted Armando Rios starting in CF over Aaron Rowand.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 12:38 PM)
Just randomly poking around, I found some of these gem quotes... I'll not post any names, but suffice to say, ROTFLMAO.

"Aaron has never shown the tools to be a solid major leaguer. He has no plate discipline, little if any power, and is retchid at the plate. He should be relegated to a 4th of 5th OF spot, period. "

"I like Rios better than Rowand. "

"Rowand = 4th outfielder... At best. Love the guys hustle, but he blows."

" Bingo! I'll take Rios over Rowand because Rios is swinging the better bat right now. Borchard can't progress fast enough now that the White Sox have a hole in CF though. "

Aaron Rowand talk circa 2003.  There were multiple people who wanted Armando Rios starting in CF over Aaron Rowand.

Those are some sad quotes. :headshake