Game Thread - 04/16 Garcia vs. Towers

DBAHO

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 16, 2006 -> 10:37 AM)
From what I've seen of Alex he has a long swing, it's amazing that he can be effective as a bench player with that swing.  Very impressive.

I assume your referring to Mack. I think he's a solid bench player becuase he just tries to pull the ball and bench players must get more FB's on the Pirates or something. Cause his swing is hedious looking. Not that Anderson's is pretty.

Everyone says Mack is streaky though so I'm waiting. He is versatile though which is nice.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 16, 2006 -> 12:38 PM)
I assume your referring to Mack.  I think he's a solid bench player becuase he just tries to pull the ball and bench players must get more FB's on the Pirates or something. Cause his swing is hedious looking.  Not that Anderson's is pretty.

Everyone says Mack is streaky though so I'm waiting.  He is versatile though which is nice.

No, I was talking about Cintron. His swing the times I've watched him play this year is long(I haven't seen to many games though :( ). It might not be that way all the time but it's looked ugly the times I've seen him.

Considering the infield should still be try, I want him running. A wet ball will be tough to grip for Molina. Plus its always good running agaisnt one of the best in the biz against throwing guys out (Just to see where Pods is, speed wise).

No, I was talking about Cintron.  His swing the times I've watched him play this year is long(I haven't seen to many games though :( ).  It might not be that way all the time but it's looked ugly the times I've seen him.

You're right. It is long. I don't see how he can catch up with a good fastball with his swing.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 16, 2006 -> 10:40 AM)
No, I was talking about Cintron.  His swing the times I've watched him play this year is long(I haven't seen to many games though :( ).  It might not be that way all the time but it's looked ugly the times I've seen him.

Oh I love Cintron's swing. Its very smooth, it appears long but thats because when he's going opposite field instead of staying back he seems to lengthen it a bit (from what I can tell). That way he's just through the zone a little slower. It does lead to some pop outs though, but overall I like his swing.

IS WGN sucking for anyone else??