Game Thread - 04/16 Garcia vs. Towers

DBAHO

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DePloderer @ Apr 16, 2006 -> 10:55 AM)
So how many innings need to be played before a game cannot be called off?

It would have to get 4/1/2 innings in (Ie if the Jays get there ab's in the top half of the 5th out of the way, than its an official game; assuming the Sox are winning at that point).

QUOTE(DePloderer @ Apr 16, 2006 -> 01:55 PM)
So how many innings need to be played before a game cannot be called off?

After 5, the game is official and it ends if cancelled. If its prior to 5, and it gets cancelled, it goes back to the inning currently being played, and starts over. So, if we make it up some other time, it'll be top of the 3rd, no outs, instead of 1 out.

I'm glad we got the 2nd inning done before this, so Thome's homer didn't go away like Paulie's last year! GO SOX!

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Apr 16, 2006 -> 10:57 AM)
After 5, the game is official and it ends if cancelled. If its prior to 5, and it gets cancelled, it goes back to the inning currently being played, and starts over. So, if we make it up some other time, it'll be top of the 3rd, no outs, instead of 1 out.

I'm glad we got the 2nd inning done before this, so Thome's homer didn't go away like Paulie's last year! GO SOX!

Am I incredibly wrong. I always thought if they don't get 5 in the entire game starts over. Now a suspended game is another story, but thats if the game ends while its tied due to some type of event (a blackout, or if a stadium has a curfew where games can't go on past a certain time).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 16, 2006 -> 02:59 PM)
Am I incredibly wrong.  I always thought if they don't get 5 in the entire game starts over.  Now a suspended game is another story, but thats if the game ends while its tied due to some type of event (a blackout, or if a stadium has a curfew where games can't go on past a certain time).

That's what I thought too.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Apr 16, 2006 -> 06:57 PM)

I'm glad to here that. I'm still coming to terms with some of the finer points of the rules.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 16, 2006 -> 01:59 PM)
Am I incredibly wrong.  I always thought if they don't get 5 in the entire game starts over.  Now a suspended game is another story, but thats if the game ends while its tied due to some type of event (a blackout, or if a stadium has a curfew where games can't go on past a certain time).

I always thought it went back to the current half inning... I'm trying to find the policy on Google, but I can't seem to find it..

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 16, 2006 -> 12:59 PM)

Ya, you're correct.