Colleges

Heads22

Oh and I forgot to add if anyone is considering Western Michigan just think about it first. Its a very good school, but its the city of Kalamazoo that will get to you. The cops are horrible, bums are prevalant, (you will find them in your house looking for cans) My house got robbed Xmas 2004 (litterally on Xmas, i went home for Xmas eve and came back xmas night), and I worked right next door to a murder.....let me tell you it was so fun watching the ambulance pull up in front of our doors and see a guy get wheeled out with 4 gunshots to his chest.

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 03:22 PM)
Oh and I forgot to add if anyone is considering Western Michigan just think about it first. Its a very good school, but its the city of Kalamazoo that will get to you. The cops are horrible, bums are prevalant, (you will find them in your house looking  for cans) My house got robbed Xmas 2004 (litterally on Xmas, i went home for Xmas eve and came back xmas night), and I worked right next door to a murder.....let me tell you it was so fun watching the ambulance pull up in front of our doors and see a guy get wheeled out with 4 gunshots to his chest.

My cousin transfered from Kalamazoo College, which is right next to Western. He didn't like it either, but I don't think Kalamzoo is THAT bad of a place. I think you just had some really bad luck. A close friend of the family has lived there for about twenty years and likes it.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 09:05 PM)
My cousin transfered from Kalamazoo College, which is right next to Western. He didn't like it either, but I don't think Kalamzoo is THAT bad of a place. I think you just had some really bad luck. A close friend of the family has lived there for about twenty years and likes it.

There are 3 sides to the city.

1. The campus areas, both K college and WMU are around the same place....mostly kids intermingled with familys.

2. The suburbian type area where Derek Jeter is from. A lot like a small suburb outside chitown, quiet and peaceful.

3. Everything else......Downtown is alright but its like 3 by 3 blocks nothing special at all.....go anywhere outside of that and your looking for trouble....