Pujols, wow.

whitesoxin'

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Apr 16, 2006 -> 04:23 PM)
Three homers and a walkoff to beat the Reds. 5 rbis in the game, now tied for MLB lead with 8 homers.

i sat here and watched that game cuz the sox were in delay.....he is a machine. i just shook my head and laughed....utterly ridiculous

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Apr 16, 2006 -> 06:22 PM)
Just more evidence in the conspiracy of people keeping Thome out of the HR lead. :P

That park is a launching pad, and that Cardinals lineup besides Pujols, Rolen, and Edmonds is POOP. Eventually Pujols will see the Bonds treatment, people can't be this stupid for another entire season.

Pujols now has 6 walk off homers. There are a few guys tied for second with 5, including Crede, Alex Gonzales, Vlad...and others I can't remember. I just thought it was cool that Crede was tied for second.

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Apr 16, 2006 -> 07:43 PM)
Huge for my fantasy teams, probably one of the greatest players in the game.

I never new probably was a synonym of "by far".

If I ever build a time machine, I think going back in time and telling the Sox to draft Pujols instead of Rogowski will be one of the first things I do.

Pujols destroying baseballs..

capt.sge.jmq09.170406130956.photo00.phot

PITTSBURGH (AP) -- Albert Pujols is so good and home runs come so naturally to him, he isn't even aware of the history he's making. Pujols tied a major-league record by homering in his fourth consecutive at-bat to account for the St. Louis Cardinals' only runs in a 2-1 win over the Pittsburgh Pirates on Monday night.

"I don't look at numbers," Pujols said. "I don't know. I didn't know anything about it until you guys (reporters) just brought it up. That's not me. I get locked in on seeing the ball and helping my team win and hopefully do some damage out there. And that's what I did today."

It was the 35th time in Major League history that a player has homered in four straight at-bats. Carlos Delgado, then with the Toronto Blue Jays, last did it Sept. 25, 2003. The previous time it was accomplished in the National League was by the Atlanta Braves' Andruw Jones from Sept.7-10, 2002.

"It's awesome, but we got the win, and that's more important to me," Pujols said. "All the credit today should go to Jason Marquis."

Pujols and the Detroit Tigers' Chris Shelton lead the majors with nine home runs and are just the fourth and fifth players to homer at least nine times in their team's first 13 games.

[More in URL]

He be yardin :)

Edited by CardsJimEdmonds15

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 08:20 AM)
When Mike Cameron hit his 4 HR's against us, didn't he do it in the 1st 4 AB's of the game?

Oh yeah, him and Juice Boone had a nice round of home run derby off of Mr Confidence, Jim Parque. I think there was one more player involved in the HR shenanigans that day, I know at least one more player went deep.

Jerry Manuel was reading in the dugout or something, I cant remember. I doubt he could remember either. ;)

Oh yeah, him and Juice Boone had a nice round of home run derby off of Mr Confidence, Jim Parque.  I think there was one more player involved in the HR shenanigans that day, I know at least one more player went deep.

Jerry Manuel was reading in the dugout or something, I cant remember.  I doubt he could remember either.  ;)

Jeff Cirillo led off the 9th w/ a HR. And Cameron would've had a 5th had he not been robbed