skipping jury duty vs. skipping class

juddling

PONTIAC, Mich. - A 24-year-old college student was ordered to spend the weekend in jail after skipping out on jury duty.

Ilya Kluzner, a student at the University of Michigan-Dearborn, must also write a five-page essay on the historical perspective of the American dream and why jury duty is crucial, under the sentence imposed by Oakland County Circuit Judge Fred Mester.

Mester found Kluzner in criminal contempt Thursday after he missed the second day of a two-day drug possession trial.

"He just felt like he was skipping class," Assistant Oakland County Prosecutor Jeffrey Kaelin said.

The student initially faced up to 30 days in jail. His lawyer asked for leniency and his mother apologized for her son's behavior.

The guy's 24 and didn't think he'd have a problem??????? :headshake

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 09:42 AM)
:lolhitting

And juddling... there are many much older that have the same mentality.  :ph34r:

My ex-girlfriend in college used to have her Mom call her jobs and quit for her. I used to tell her that it was pretty low that she couldnt even quit for herself, but she didnt care. Mommy would do it.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 12:25 PM)
I once got a Jury Duty notice... I just tore it up...

I wonder if their's a warrent out for me now...

Haha I got a parking ticket about a month ago.. took it off my windshield, wadded it up, and threw it on the ground.. Wonder what ever happened with that

I also got a ticket for running a red light in February and I also ignored that but they finally sent me a letter tellin me I had a week to respond or further action would be taken so I had my mom take care of it for me..

QUOTE(T R U @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 06:37 PM)
Haha I got a parking ticket about a month ago.. took it off my windshield, wadded it up, and threw it on the ground.. Wonder what ever happened with that

I also got a ticket for running a red light in February and I also ignored that but they finally sent me a letter tellin me I had a week to respond or further action would be taken so I had my mom take care of it for me..

Just don't get too many in the same city, or they will boot/tow your car.

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 02:08 PM)
Just don't get too many in the same city, or they will boot/tow your car.

Well it was for parking on campus without a parking permit.. I only drove there cause it was raining bad and I had to go workout, otherwise I would have just walked. I dont plan on driving there anymore so im prolly good to go

QUOTE(T R U @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 09:15 PM)
Well it was for parking on campus without a parking permit.. I only drove there cause it was raining bad and I had to go workout, otherwise I would have just walked. I dont plan on driving there anymore so im prolly good to go

Haven't gotton any of those while i have been our here at CU, but at WMU if you had any parking tickets on your record they would hold your grades til they were paid off. And my roomate there racked up about 10 of them so the next time he did it they had his truck towed. It was a Ford Lightning so he was rather pissed off.