looking a gift horse in the mouth

juddling

A FAMILY of ten is demanding their council give them a TEN-bedroom mansion.

Sue McFadden, 54, says she needs the space for her three children and six grandchildren.

The family lives in a three-bed semi in Ellesmere Port, Cheshire. Only one of the four adults works — so they rake in the equivalent of £32,000-a-year in benefits.

Sue says she’d like a luxury shower room, two bathrooms and a plush fitted kitchen — in the posh suburbs of Chester.

She said: “I feel like old Mother Hubbard cooped up in here with all these kids.”

“The council offered me a six-bedroom house but it’s on the same road as my ex-husband — so I turned that one down.

“One of my daughters was offered a one-bed flat but she didn’t want it because she relies on my help and she doesn’t want any of the kids to be separated.”

Eldest daughter Teresa, 33, claims she can’t work because she’s suicidal and relies on her mum to look after her five children Kyle, 16, CJ, 11, Courtney, seven, Tyler, eight and Lucas, four.

Debbie, 32, has a five-year-old daughter Jodie and says she is too busy babysitting to work while Tammy, 23, is a clothes shop assistant.

But the council says the family has the biggest house available.

A spokesman added: “We only have three five-bedroom and four six- bedroom houses in Ellesmere Port and Neston, which people are currently living in.

“As they wish to stay together unfortunately there isn’t anything we can do at the moment.”

“The council offered me a six-bedroom house but it’s on the same road as my ex-husband — so I turned that one down.

i still can't figure out why anyone is GIVING them a house??? :headshake