Hair Cuts Coming

Sox1422

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is silly. Remember everybody: Crede's entire season turned around last year when he came back from injury and all of a sudden had longer hair and the goatee. He was the "new" Crede--and the Crede that I remember from the WS and want to not change.

I don't mind the long hair on the guys--yes, it totally reminds me of the Red Sox in a good way. I'm more worried about how they're playing than how they're looking.

What next, are they gonna start telling Freddie that he has to tuck in the back of his shirt now?

Then again, JR is notoriously corporate and about appearance. A woman I know who used to work there talked about how strict the dress code was.

Jerry Reinsdorf and Kenny Williams -- tsk tsk tsk. Perhaps they're interested in pursuing the 1990s all over again. Maybe soon Jerry will push Joe Crede to New York and trade our best pitchers because the Tigers are scary this year.

For all the nonsense about this being "the real world," the baseball diamond isn't a cubicle, mates, and the pitcher's mound isn't the same as a podium in front of Goldman Sachs or at a Burger King. Ultimately it's not a big deal to me, but the players should be able to have a little fun and look the way they want to look within reason -- and that merely means that something so blatant and excessive like, oh, tatooing a dick on your cheek, would be wrong.

The length of your hair isn't subject to regulation "within reason" unless you're, you know, tripping over it while running out a single. Pierzynski's hair isn't out of line or out of reason.

And, since someone mentioned it earlier, I think this is excessive worrying about nothing much like it's unnecessary concern to be worried about Buehrle sliding and hurting himself when he slides. He's not a moron and it's just not likely. Perhaps he should have someone else dress him and bathe him and carry him home and drive him wherever he goes.

Edited by Gregory Pratt