Hair Cuts Coming

Sox1422

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 11:22 AM)
Paulie wishes...

Hahahaha!

This hair thing bugs me because part of what makes this Sox team so good is that they all have personalities and have fun. They're loose. Free spirits.

I do not like the fact at all that they would be told how to groom themselves. Play hard, win, and act properly on and off the field, that's all you have to do. Other than that, leave them alone and let them stay true to themselves.

This is ridiculous.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 01:05 PM)
Then again, JR is notoriously corporate and about appearance.  A woman I know who used to work there talked about how strict the dress code was.

They are pretty casual in the front office. :huh

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 12:41 PM)
They are pretty casual in the front office.  :huh

She worked in either group sales or season sales (tickets), maybe it was just that department? That's just what she said--I have no idea myself, not working there.

I think this is pretty redonkulous, because it's just hair, but my concern is that we all know how superstisious baseball players can be, what if joe cuts his hair, all the sudden has a bad few games and then starts believing that it was the haircut's fault or something?

(Now reading that back to myself, it also sounds redonkulous, but not very far fetched because I'm sure there are players who have far worse superstisions)

Plus as a shaggy haired individual, I they they all look better with the hair, than without.

QUOTE(Cali @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 02:35 PM)
I think this is pretty redonkulous, because it's just hair, but my concern is that we all know how superstisious baseball players can be, what if joe cuts his hair, all the sudden has a bad few games and then starts believing that it was the haircut's fault or something?

(Now reading that back to myself, it also sounds redonkulous, but not very far fetched because I'm sure there are players who have far worse superstisions)

Plus as a shaggy haired individual, I they they all look better with the hair, than without.

Maybe they should start by cutting a few hairs before each game and the first time either one of them goes O-fer. Stop the cutting. I don't care if they end up looking like Gary Oldman from The Fifth Element. element2.jpg

Just stop the cutting of the hair!!

There is a difference between having long hair and looking like Johnny Damon..

Now, I do agree that AJP really needs a haircut, the long hair looks ridiculous on him.. but Crede, Freddy, and Cotts do not look unprofessional in any way. Everytime Ive seen Crede off the field with no hat, his hair has been kept and styled.

Hopefully, they just need to trim.. It would suck to have them have to lose it all

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 10:27 AM)
It's called professionalism. I am far from a high wage employee but my boss would damn well let me know if I began showing up for work looking unkempt. Sadly in the real world there are rules for hygiene. If your looks portray a lack of professionalism in the mind of your boss or owner they certainly have the right to tell you to clean yourself up a little. Even Best Buy puts limitations on earrings and hair length. But JR is 'out of touch'..I recommend you look in the mirror to see who is out of touch here.

This is baseball! I hate the whole corporate mentality when it comes to a game for kids. There's a different set of rules when it comes to sports. If you got into a fight at work, you'd be thrown in jail, but when a hitter charges a pitcher then they're suspended. It's a different standard across the board, so you can't compare working at best buy and playing baseball professionally.

QUOTE(Mantastic @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 03:28 PM)
This is baseball!  I hate the whole corporate mentality when it comes to a game for kids.  There's a different set of rules when it comes to sports.  If you got into a fight at work, you'd be thrown in jail, but when a hitter charges a pitcher then they're suspended.  It's a different standard across the board, so you can't compare working at best buy and playing baseball professionally.

A uniform is a uniform regardless of the job, and that uniform is dictated by the employer. If Jerry wants them to wear pink bows in their hair.. they will wear pink bows. This is about presentation, not about beating up a co-worker versus charging the mound - which, by the way, could land the charging player in jail if he makes contact and the pitcher chooses to press charges. If you're going to make an argument at least compare the same fruit.

Every team in baseball has a set of rules for how their "employees" look. It's not a big deal.

Who brought this up anyway... AJ or one of the douchebag reporters on the Score?

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 10:15 AM)
No, it's about presenting yourself in a way the boss finds acceptable. They also have a rule about wearing suits and closed toed shoes when traveling. This is not uncommon as most teams have appearance rules.

farmer_ed.jpg

Socks are still optional, right?

I don't really care about their hair, but I don't think anyone should tell them to get a haircut.

But if JR, whom I don't care much for anyway, wants to make it a big deal, then I guess they get their haircut.

As long as he doesn't become as much of a pompass asshole like Steinbrenner, he can make himself feel important with nitpicking moves like this, I suppose.

QUOTE(T R U @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 03:06 PM)
There is a difference between having long hair and looking like Johnny Damon..

Now, I do agree that AJP really needs a haircut, the long hair looks ridiculous on him.. but Crede, Freddy, and Cotts do not look unprofessional in any way. Everytime Ive seen Crede off the field with no hat, his hair has been kept and styled.

Hopefully, they just need to trim.. It would suck to have them have to lose it all

So Kenny should go up to AJ and say "You know, you really look ridiculous with that long hair, and I dont really like it, so you should get it cut." and then walk right past Freddy, Cotts and Crede without a word, because he feels that their long hair fits them better? Dont you think that would cause a little problem?

You either have a rule about hair length or you dont. You cant let some guys do it and crack down on others.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 03:14 PM)
So Kenny should go up to AJ and say "You know, you really look ridiculous with that long hair, and I dont really like it, so you should get it cut." and then walk right past Freddy, Cotts and Crede without a word, because he feels that their long hair fits them better?  Dont you think that would cause a little problem?

You either have a rule about hair length or you dont.  You cant let some guys do it and crack down on others.

The Media would have a field day with that scenario.