Hair Cuts Coming

Sox1422

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 10:45 AM)
Does anyone remember how Metallica started to suck and sell out the moment they cut their hair?

You could also tie that in to Napster, Jason Newstead leaving the band, and the fact that they werent bad-asses anymore. When Lars is on their last documentary "Some kind of (piece of s***)" talking about his art collection, you get the idea that they dont have that edge and it was lost a long time ago.

back to b****ing about hair length and tarp sliding

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 08:48 AM)
You could also tie that in to Napster, Jason Newstead leaving the band, and the fact that they werent bad-asses anymore.  When Lars is on their last documentary "Some kind of (piece of s***)" talking about his art collection, you get the idea that they dont have that edge and it was lost a long time ago. 

back to b****ing about hair length and tarp sliding

But all of that happened AFTER they cut their hair! That's when it all started! My theory is that they cut their hair, immediately found each other attractive, and that's when the infamous all-metallica-orgies began.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 10:50 AM)
But all of that happened AFTER they cut their hair!  That's when it all started!  My theory is that they cut their hair, immediately found each other attractive, and that's when the infamous all-metallica-orgies began.

You know, you are right. I dont know what I was thinking. I stopped liking Metallica a long time ago though. They just hit a really sour note with me in the 90's, both musically and how they represented themselves in any situation, whether they were suing napster or suing Clairol because of a lipstick named "Metallika", they just seemed to become what they used to despise.

You know, it's not about whether they look good or don't look good, it's about the idea that you're forcing grown men to do something petty and trivial that they may not want to do otherwise. If AJ is ready for a haircut, get him in the chair! Until the other dudes are, friggin find something else to occupy your time with.

This hair garbage - it's about being comfortable. It's about style and individuality yada yada yada, but it's about being comfortable. You don't feel comfortable looking how someone else decides you should look.

/freedom rant

QUOTE(R.J. @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 11:06 AM)
You know, it's not about whether they look good or don't look good, it's about the idea that you're forcing grown men to do something petty and trivial that they may not want to do otherwise. If AJ is ready for a haircut, get him in the chair! Until the other dudes are, friggin find something else to occupy your time with.

This hair garbage - it's about being comfortable. It's about style and individuality yada yada yada, but it's about being comfortable. You don't feel comfortable looking how someone else decides you should look.

/freedom rant

Will you tell your employer to go stick it if he is paying you 6-7 figures a year? Or would you get your ass to the chair and get it cut?

I subscribe to the "Hey frog, get hoppin to it" theory when it comes to doing what my employer says. This isnt high school, this is a job.

Is JR playing the role of Deliah to the White Sox players role as Sampson? :pray

I would expect this down here in the bible belt, but not in a major city like Chicago.

Maybe JR is going Howard Hughes on us and he will be walking around with boxes of Kleenix for shoes next. :headshake

:gosox1:

QUOTE(R.J. @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 11:06 AM)

/freedom rant

No, it's about presenting yourself in a way the boss finds acceptable. They also have a rule about wearing suits and closed toed shoes when traveling. This is not uncommon as most teams have appearance rules.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 04:09 PM)
Will you tell your employer to go stick it if he is paying you 6-7 figures a year?  Or would you get your ass to the chair and get it cut?

I subscribe to the "Hey frog, get hoppin to it" theory when it comes to doing what my employer says.    This isnt high school, this is a job.

Would I cut my hair if Jerry Reinsdorf tell me to? Yeah, I would.

Would I like it? I sure as hell wouldn't, for the myriad of reasons mentioned so far. And I'd be pretty unhappy because of it too.

Bottom line: completely unecessary. You know what's necessary? Finding some outfield depth and a relief pitcher - not haircuts.

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 04:15 PM)
No, it's about presenting yourself in a way the boss finds acceptable. They also have a rule about wearing suits and closed toed shoes when traveling. This is not uncommon as most teams have appearance rules.

I'm for that, but you can look presentable with long hair and facial hair more easily than you can in flip flops and a hawaiian shirt.

QUOTE(R.J. @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 11:19 AM)
I'm for that, but you can look presentable with long hair and facial hair more easily than you can in flip flops and a hawaiian shirt.

Actually, in the business world all that stuff goes hand in hand, its the same thing. Close cut and professional, thats the way it is. These guys represent Jerry's business, he can tell them how long he likes their hair if he wants, and if they dont like it they can find employment elsewhere.

Bottom line: completely unecessary. You know what's necessary? Finding some outfield depth and a relief pitcher - not haircuts.

Do you think that haircuts are so important that they have lost sight of the team needs? Did they lose their way because Jerry doesnt like it long? Maybe KW's big board fell off the wall when Jerry started b****ing about the hair?

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 10:23 AM)
Actually, in the business world all that stuff goes hand in hand, its the same thing.  Close cut and professional, thats the way it is.  These guys represent Jerry's business, he can tell them how long he likes their hair if he wants, and if they dont like it they can find employment elsewhere. 

Do you think that haircuts are so important that they have lost sight of the team needs?  Did they lose their way because Jerry doesnt like it long?  Maybe KW's big board fell off the wall when Jerry started b****ing about the hair?

The big board has been flooded in hair after the cuts took place.

Edited by Rowand44