Sox vs Royals 4/17

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

None of the current Royals have done much career damage against Contreras. Mike Sweeney has the best numbers against the big right-hander, with three hits in 12 at-bats and one RBI.

Kansas City's starting staff does not have a victory this season.

Jose will continue his great pitching and Royals will look even more pathetic. Just keep Politte away from Sweeney.

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosoxretro: :gosox4: :gosox3:

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 03:48 PM)
If brian Anderson plays id like to see him have a nice game.  Id like to see Mike Sweeny not have a nice game. 

Sox win 7-1 

The Count -  7ip - 5 hits - 1 er - 2 BB - 5 k's

White Sox -2 - Joe Mays 6

Is the game on here in Champaign, fellas?

Jose Contreras is 10-1 with a 2.03 ERA since 8/1/05.

He's allowed just 4 HRs in 93 IP over that stretch. Amazingly, all of the HRs have been hit by the Tigers.

He's walking 2.1 Batters per 9 over that stretch, compared to a pre-8/05 average of 4.2 BB/9. He's cut his walk rate in half, while limiting HRs. That's one great recipe for success.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 05:55 PM)
In the first pitch he sees, can Count drill Sweeney in the ear.  A headache may prevent Sweeney from getting his usual 3 hits against sox pitching.

For Sweeney's sake I hope nothing like that happens, he's gotten the piss beat out of him at the plate thus far this year. He was hit on the arm in the first game against the Sox, knocked backwards wrenching his back while trying to avoid a Bobby Jenks fastball and was knocked out of a game against the Yankees after being hit by a pitch. At this rate he'll be hitting the DL sooner than his regularly scheduled mid-May trip.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 05:57 PM)
For Sweeney's sake I hope nothing like that happens, he's gotten the piss beat out of him at the plate thus far this year. He was hit on the arm in the first game against the Sox, knocked backwards wrenching his back while trying to avoid a Bobby Jenks fastball and was knocked out of a game against the Yankees after being hit by a pitch. At this rate he'll be hitting the DL sooner than his regularly scheduled mid-May trip.

Don't get me wrong here. It is not so much that I want Sweeney in pain as I want the Sox to win. The two just happen to have parallels.

Yeh! A Scottie Pods "sparkplug" reference--you'd think White Sox beat writers would have brainstormed for hours over the offseason trying to think up other metaphors for Pods. I guess "tinderbox" just doesn't ring as true in an era of combustion.

I'm glad to see this lineup again--it's been too long.

Contreras dominates: 7IP, 7K, 2BB, 5H. Sox up big by the 8th when Count is at 100 pitches and Thornton comes in for the last interesting two.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 05:17 PM)
White Sox -2 - Joe Mays 6

Is the game on here in Champaign, fellas?

ch 21/22 i think, whatever the nasa channel is.

it's awful quality though, WCIU stye