griffey jr. back on the dl

thedoctor

Freel plays everyday and leadoffs in CF for them now, and they can probably give Brandon Phillips some more PT at 2nd, the former Indians prospect has looked great for them in limited PT so far. Kearns and Dunn are also raking for them, and of course they have defending silver slugger winner and all star Felipe Lopez at SS, so it doesn't hurt them THAT bad for this to happen, at least not as much as it has in the past. Wish Griff would stay healthy though, he's still fun to watch hit :(.

WeathersGettinWorse: two shakes of a lamb's ass, gentlemen

WeathersGettinWorse: pitch two

**Online Host**

Pujol_Junkie has hit the ball out of New Busch Stadium.

**Online Host**

Meanwhile, on a bridge -

Elijah_Price: whistle whistle whistle, just enjoyin' a brisk spring day on my hoveround...

**Online Host**

plunk

Elijah_Price: AAAAAH

**Online Host**

Elijah_Price has fallen into the water and become electrocuted/drowned/blown up.

ArroyoFlush: s*** now we've lost Griffey again! Ah well, there's always the first couple of weeks of next year!

Oh, Dugout.

QUOTE(smalls2598 @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 10:58 AM)
so why did Griffey change his jersey to #3 this year??

i haven't seen a reasoning anywhere yet.

Ok, i just found the answer to my question. In case anyone else was intrested (courtesy to the The Cincinnati Enquirer):

Reds outfielder Ken Griffey Jr. will wear a new number next season, the Reds announced Friday.

In honor of his three children - Trey, Taryn and Tevin - Griffey wil wear No. 3. He previously wore No. 30 for the Reds, the same number his father, Ken Griffey Sr., wore in Cincinnati.