AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!!!!!&#

NUKE_CLEVELAND

Count is sick, that deal we signed him for was SUCH a damn steal. I don't care how old he "really is", dude has the 2nd best raw stuff in baseball next to A.J. Burnett, and unlike A.J. *knock on wood* he knows how to use his stuff now and isn't hurt all the time.

Great win all around tonight, let's sweep these assclowns and get to 10-5 and keep hot.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 11:14 PM)
dude has the 2nd best raw stuff in baseball next to A.J. Burnett

I agree with everything you said except this statement. No offense, but your drinking alittle too much sox kool-aid right there. Count has amazing stuff, but he does not have the best (or second) raw stuff even in the AL, yet alone baseball.

Didn't watch the game tonight but I'm glad the sox pulled this one out. Playing KC right now couldn't come at a better time, and it can really get us jump started series to series now. Good win all around. :cheers :cheers

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 04:32 AM)
I agree with everything you said except this statement. No offense, but your drinking alittle too much sox kool-aid right there. Count has amazing stuff, but he does not have the best (or second) raw stuff even in the AL, yet alone baseball.

Didn't watch the game tonight but I'm glad the sox pulled this one out. Playing KC right now couldn't come at a better time, and it can really get us jump started series to series now. Good win all around. :cheers  :cheers

Maybe not now but one can argue when he was young that he might of had what would of been the best stuff or near to it in the AL/NL. 2 bad he was in Cuba imagine how much he could of dominated in the majors if he got hear at a young age and fixed any flaws he had in the minors.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 11:36 PM)
Maybe not now but one can argue when he was young that he might of had what would of been the best stuff or near to it in the AL/NL.

I completely agree with your statement here. That's what I was saying. We got some young kids up now (F. Hernandez, Verlander, Zumiya, and a couple in the NL) who have stuff that is unheard-of in the majors now. If Count was younger, put him right in that mix for now and the future. In the second half last season he was great, but he did it mostly by not walking guys and falling into a deep (or bad) count not by stuff unless it was 0-2, 1-2. Everyone seems to forget he was basically a two pitch pitcher for a while until he had enough confidence in his other pitch and when he established his fastball.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 11:41 PM)
The BA stuff is getting beyond old. We know he's struggling. Why say it every single day?

Get used to get Heads. It's gonna be like this till he has like a 2-3, or a 3-4 day or something. I should put in bold letters somewhere in my sig that BA=ROOKIE give him time somewhere. I also believe (I might be mistaken but I swear I remember) Crosby of the A's started off horribly in his rookie season and still finished with good numbers and won the ROY honors.

The problem with the whole Anderson situation is that he has very big shoes to fill. Rowand was a popular fan favorite, and Sox fans are used to seeing Rowand making great catches putting the ball in play day in and day out.

BA is the freaking 9 hitter, all I want from him is 1 for 4 and a walk every once in a while. He's fine in the field, and eventually will be capable of 1 for every 4 with a few walks. Be patient, if anything it's good he's going through this now while everybody else is crushing the ball (same could be said for Uribe and Pods, although Pods is starting to show signs now).

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 11:32 PM)

Didn't watch the game tonight but I'm glad the sox pulled this one out. Playing KC right now couldn't come at a better time, and it can really get us jump started series to series now. Good win all around. :cheers  :cheers

Name me somebody that has better pure all around stuff than Count other than Burnett. Burnett and Count may not be the 2 best pitchers in baseball, but in terms of raw stuff, they are top 2. It's just so great to see him using all of his pitches and making people look horrible.

I know it's been said many times, but my hat's off to Don Cooper. What he's done with the likes of Jose Contreras is simply astounding. Mel Stottlemyre couldn't come close to tapping this guy's talent but Coop has helped him become one of the most dominant pitchers in the league.

:cheers

On another note, has anyone else noticed that Uribe has given up the left leg timing thingamujig that he started doing last August? He lifts his foot only once now instead of several times like he was doing. If it ain't broke, Juan...

:huh

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 05:25 AM)
Name me somebody that has better pure all around stuff than Count other than Burnett.  Burnett and Count may not be the 2 best pitchers in baseball, but in terms of raw stuff, they are top 2.  It's just so great to see him using all of his pitches and making people look horrible.

this post brings the LOLs

I wish Jenks could've gotten a few pitches in last night. His curve and offspeed stuff still needs some work. Usually he's in a pressure situation where he can't really rsik experimenting with it and he throws strictly heat. Last night was a perfect time to fine tune him, but I see why Logan and Cliffy needed to get in a game also. Oh well.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 12:25 AM)
Name me somebody that has better pure all around stuff than Count other than Burnett.  Burnett and Count may not be the 2 best pitchers in baseball, but in terms of raw stuff, they are top 2.  It's just so great to see him using all of his pitches and making people look horrible.

I wouldnt put Burnett at the top in terms of Raw stuff. Maybe when he came into the league, but not now after all of his arm problems. There are a couple of arms on the Tigers who I feel have better stuff than Burnett(Zumaya, Verlander, Bonderman), and I think there are a few on the A's who have better stuff as well(Haren and Harden). Burnett belongs to the "10 cent head" club as well, so i have to deduct points for that. JMO though