Sox vs Royals 4-18

whitesoxin'

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 07:30 PM)
He has only made a couple of bad pitches. 3 Ks. No walks. High outside changeup to Teahen. And a meatball smoked by Grudz. What's so bad about that? I didn't say he was "back to form" or anything but he looks good tonight.

He has not made only a couple of bad pitches. He is clearly not hitting his spots. Watch where Widger has been setting up and watch where those pitches have been missing. You also tend to miss up when you miss outside and he's been doing exactly that--case in point: Teahen's HR.

He looks better. I just can't make the jump to "really good."

Honestly, if Jon is coming out I'd like to see Matt or Neal pitch the 7th.  I don't want Bmac pitching 2 innings everytime he comes in, and if he comes out there for the 7th, I bet he'll be out there for the 8th as well.

Indeed, the last thing we need is for him to be overworked. He's not Scot Shields yet. ;)

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 07:31 PM)
Honestly, if Jon is coming out I'd like to see Matt or Neal pitch the 7th.  I don't want Bmac pitching 2 innings everytime he comes in, and if he comes out there for the 7th, I bet he'll be out there for the 8th as well.

Well, the only way Bmac is coming in during the 7th is if Jon gets rocked, so I hope we don't see him either.

Edited by jphat007

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 07:31 PM)

of course if Garland comes out now McCarthy pitches 2

duh

QUOTE(Felix @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 07:34 PM)
Crap, Garland is still in.

Why would he be out? He's given up 5 hits (only 3 hit hard) and 0 walks in 6 IP. Who in their right mind would take a pitcher out with a pitch count of 75 in that situation?

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 01:36 AM)
Why would he be out? He's given up 5 hits (only 3 hit hard) and 0 walks in 6 IP. Who in their right mind would take a pitcher out with a pitch count of 75 in that situation?

And the last person to make such a move would be Ozzie, in all honesty.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 09:36 PM)

He looked pretty good in those other starts where he imploded after x innings. I admit that I haven't seen all of today's game (hell, I *still* don't know how the Sox scored), but I don't have any faith in Garland.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 07:36 PM)

^^^

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 07:37 PM)
Not watching the game but why are people worried about Garland.  His pitch count is still pretty low and his line looks good.  Is he getting hit hard or something like that?  Just curious.

:lolhitting

well, Garland is out

McCarthy in... just started watching he game so don't know if he was struggling (the numbers don't show that he was)

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 07:37 PM)
Not watching the game but why are people worried about Garland.  His pitch count is still pretty low and his line looks good.  Is he getting hit hard or something like that?  Just curious.

He's not hitting his spots, Jabroni. He is not comfortable going inside and when he stays outside, he's missing up--not a good place to miss.

But, make no mistake about it, it was a much better Jon Garland we saw tonight. His line is going to look awfully good, but, I wonder what it would have read had this not been against a Royals' lineup.

/two-cents