Can Someone Explain This to Me?

Wong & Owens

OK, top of the ninth, Borchard on 2nd with a leadoff double. Manuel wants to bunt the guy over so he brings in Rios, arguably the team's worst bunter. Rios screws it up, and because he batted for Crede, Graffanino--arguably the team's best fundamental player at the plate--goes into the field in the bottom of the ninth. My question is--WHY THE f*** DIDN'T MANUEL JUST LET GRAFFY BAT FOR CREDE AND BUNT JB OVER IN THE FIRST PLACE!?!? THE IDIOT WASTES A LEFT-HANDED BAT FOR A PINCH-BUNTING APPEARANCE, USING A GUY WHO CAN'T f***ING BUNT, AND LEAVES THE GUY WHO WILL BE PLAYING FOR THE DURATION, WHO IS A MUCH BETTER BUNTER ON THE GODDAMNED BENCH?! WHY? GO AWAY MANUEL, EAT MONKEYs***!!!

OK, top of the ninth, Borchard on 2nd with a leadoff double.  Manuel wants to bunt the guy over so he brings in Rios, arguably the team's worst bunter.  Rios screws it up, and because he batted for Crede, Graffanino--arguably the team's best fundamental player at the plate--goes into the field in the bottom of the ninth.  My question is--WHY THE f*** DIDN'T MANUEL JUST LET GRAFFY BAT FOR CREDE AND BUNT JB OVER IN THE FIRST PLACE!?!?  THE IDIOT WASTES A LEFT-HANDED BAT FOR A PINCH-BUNTING APPEARANCE, USING A GUY WHO CAN'T f***ING BUNT, AND LEAVES THE GUY WHO WILL BE PLAYING FOR THE DURATION, WHO IS A MUCH BETTER BUNTER ON THE GODDAMNED BENCH?!  WHY?  GO AWAY MANUEL, EAT MONKEYs***!!!

Tinker-bell hasn't had a good idea in 3 years.

• Hawk 1

very good point and very bad call by JM.

what is sad though is no matter who it is, Borchard has to get to third. I think Manuel needs to be straightfoward with guys and simple "hey, somebody better be at third base at the end of your at bat" you gotta beat it into their heads that they have a job to do, and help this team win.

what is sad though is no matter who it is, Borchard has to get to third.  I think Manuel needs to be straightfoward with guys and simple "hey, somebody better be at third base at the end of your at bat" you gotta beat it into their heads that they have a job to do, and help this team win.

That was really terrible managing by Manuel. These are the things I see every game and its why the Sox are failing. I'd say they are scoring a run less a game because of what kind of a fool he is as a manager.

Either they use Graffy or Josh Paul (Solid Bunter). Those two and Olivo are the only guys that can bunt.

what is sad though is no matter who it is, Borchard has to get to third.  I think Manuel needs to be straightfoward with guys and simple "hey, somebody better be at third base at the end of your at bat" you gotta beat it into their heads that they have a job to do, and help this team win.

That was really terrible managing by Manuel. These are the things I see every game and its why the Sox are failing. I'd say they are scoring a run less a game because of what kind of a fool he is as a manager.

Either they use Graffy or Josh Paul (Solid Bunter). Those two and Olivo are the only guys that can bunt.

Was Josh Paul available at the game yesterday?

I think other people can bunt. Hawk and DJ said brought up the point the other day that every player practices bunting every day, even if it is only 2-3 tries. I think most players can bunt if they really put their mind to it. problem is, too many players don't want to get the bat taken out of their hands, so if they act like they can't bunt, they will most likely be asked to swing.

Manuel needs to be it into their heads.

OK, top of the ninth, Borchard on 2nd with a leadoff double.  Manuel wants to bunt the guy over so he brings in Rios, arguably the team's worst bunter.  Rios screws it up, and because he batted for Crede, Graffanino--arguably the team's best fundamental player at the plate--goes into the field in the bottom of the ninth.  My question is--WHY THE f*** DIDN'T MANUEL JUST LET GRAFFY BAT FOR CREDE AND BUNT JB OVER IN THE FIRST PLACE!?!?  THE IDIOT WASTES A LEFT-HANDED BAT FOR A PINCH-BUNTING APPEARANCE, USING A GUY WHO CAN'T f***ING BUNT, AND LEAVES THE GUY WHO WILL BE PLAYING FOR THE DURATION, WHO IS A MUCH BETTER BUNTER ON THE GODDAMNED BENCH?!  WHY?  GO AWAY MANUEL, EAT MONKEYs***!!!

If you recall, the last time Graffy was sent in to bunt, he f***ed it up and everybody on here was crowing that he was the worst bunter on the team.

My question is, how many times have you seen Rios bunt? What info do you have that he is arguably the worst bunter on the team other than this situation of not getting it down? Rios hasn't played enough to be called on to bunt more than a few times max, so how can he be labeled "worst bunter"?

Sorry guys, but that wasn't JM's fault at all. Rios didn't get the damned bunt down. You cry for Graffy, but he screwed his last chance up. Josh Paul wasn't the answer either. If I am the manager, there is no way I am going to use a guy who basically just got off a plane after hitting .200 in AAA and rarely playing here before he was sent down. Josh Paul is on the club right now for one reason, and that is insurance against Miguel. I would not be shocked if he never gets into a game. If he does, it will be few and far between.

The player's have to do their job. It is not ALWAYS the manager's fault.

I agree with you Rex, the players have to get the bunt down. Thats what so sorry about this team, they fail every single stinking time. Whether its getting the bunt down or getting the runner to 3rd after a leadoff double and then getting him home. This is the most pathetic team I've ever seen when it comes to doing the things that are supposed to be done and thats why they aren't a winning baseball club.

If you recall, the last time Graffy was sent in to bunt, he f***ed it up and everybody on here was crowing that he was the worst bunter on the team.

My question is, how many times have you seen Rios bunt?  What info do you have that he is arguably the worst bunter on the team other than this situation of not getting it down?  Rios hasn't played enough to be called on to bunt more than a few times max, so how can he be labeled "worst bunter"?

Sorry guys, but that wasn't JM's fault at all.  Rios didn't get the damned bunt down.  You cry for Graffy, but he screwed his last chance up.  Josh Paul wasn't the answer either.  If I am the manager, there is no way I am going to use a guy who basically just got off a plane after hitting .200 in AAA and rarely playing here before he was sent down.  Josh Paul is on the club right now for one reason, and that is insurance against Miguel.  I would not be shocked if he never gets into a game.  If he does, it will be few and far between.

The player's have to do their job.  It is not ALWAYS the manager's fault.

I watched him botch a couple this year, and as A non-Cubs hater(sorry), I watched him in SF a bit too. Regardless, you may be right as far as one not being a better bunter than the other, but if he was just going to put Graffy in in the bottom of the ninth anyways, why waste Rios in a sac bunt situation? He might have been needed later in the game.

I agree with you Rex, the players have to get the bunt down.  Thats what so sorry about this team, they fail every single stinking time.  Whether its getting the bunt down or getting the runner to 3rd after a leadoff double and then getting him home.  This is the most pathetic team I've ever seen when it comes to doing the things that are supposed to be done and thats why they aren't a winning baseball club.

Situational hitting is not their strong suit, obviously.

My question is, how many times have you seen Rios bunt?  What info do you have that he is arguably the worst bunter on the team other than this situation of not getting it down?  Rios hasn't played enough to be called on to bunt more than a few times max, so how can he be labeled "worst bunter"?

Sorry guys, but that wasn't JM's fault at all.  Rios didn't get the damned bunt down.  You cry for Graffy, but he screwed his last chance up.  Josh Paul wasn't the answer either.  If I am the manager, there is no way I am going to use a guy who basically just got off a plane after hitting .200 in AAA and rarely playing here before he was sent down.  Josh Paul is on the club right now for one reason, and that is insurance against Miguel.  I would not be shocked if he never gets into a game.  If he does, it will be few and far between.

I watched him botch a couple this year, and as A non-Cubs hater(sorry), I watched him in SF a bit too. Regardless, you may be right as far as one not being a better bunter than the other, but if he was just going to put Graffy in in the bottom of the ninth anyways, why waste Rios in a sac bunt situation? He might have been needed later in the game.

Probably because of a lack of confidence in anyone else. What is everyone screaming if he puts Graffy in there again and he fails again? Then you call JM the dumbest manager on earth.

Probably because of a lack of confidence in anyone else. What is everyone screaming if he puts Graffy in there again and he fails again? Then you call JM the dumbest manager on earth.

JM is HORRID :angry:

JM is HORRID :angry:

Perhaps, but not in this case.