rolling blackouts

kapkomet

How cute. Rolling blackouts hit the state of Texas because the electricity demand is too high for the early onset of 100+ degrees.

Now I know it's not Laredo where it was 106 yesterday, but it was 102 here in D/FW. I guess the power plants are down for maintenance and the demand exceeded the supply, so they had to do rolling blackouts to keep the grid from collapsing.

I don't want to live in CALIFORNIA! ;)

And right now, according to my little weatherbug, it's 101 out again.

Just consider this your contribution to reduction of fossil fuel consumptions... And did I mention it is sunny and 65 on a beautiful spring day in Chicago? The tulips are in full bloom, as are the daffodils...

Ah yes payback for all of the how beautiful in Texas posts :)

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 02:07 PM)
Just consider this your contribution to reduction of fossil fuel consumptions...  And did I mention it is sunny and 65 on a beautiful spring day in Chicago?  The tulips are in full bloom, as are the daffodils...

Ah yes payback for all of the how beautiful in Texas posts :)

I love it. Everything is getting green and I can see why this place was declared one of the most beautiful campuses in America.

isu23.jpg