Unbelievable Story

jasonxctf

so my wife is a 2nd grade teacher here in the Chicago suburbs. For one of their units, they are studying baseball, and using some basic stats for math projects, etc. So she and her students write letters to a bunch of the teams (Sox including), MLB and the Hall of Fame directly to see if they can get any history of baseball/teams material, etc.

so who is the first responder??? Major League Baseball and Bob DuPuy the President/COO. He is listed on their website as #2 right under Bud Selig. His asst called and then put Bob on the line. He called her while she was in class and was ecstatic about the idea and about participating in the project.

When I was helping her get names/phone numbers, I never thought she would get a response from someone this high up. Figured that they would just send out some kind of press packet or something.

:cheers MLB and Bob DuPuy

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 08:55 PM)
I'm confused, what did she and her students write them for?

just wrote them saying that they were studying baseball for a history unit and using some baseball stats for a math unit. If they had any basic information about the team/league that they could send, it would help them in their studies. (i'm paraphrasing here)

She was thinking that they would get a program say from the White Sox that would have the history of the team or an old media guide with the stats from 2004. some basic stuff.

QUOTE(jasonxctf @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 04:02 PM)
just wrote them saying that they were studying baseball for a history unit and using some baseball stats for a math unit. If they had any basic information about the team/league that they could send, it would help them in their studies. (i'm paraphrasing here)

She was thinking that they would get a program say from the White Sox that would have the history of the team or an old media guide with the stats from 2004. some basic stuff.

I see. It's awesome when MLB does this kind of stuff.

to keep you all in the loop, the Sox were the first team to actually respond with this. They sent in 2 program guides on the team. Similar to the ones you can buy at the ballpark for $4-5 each. Very nice.

Not too much history on the team in these, mostly just highlighting the '06 season. Still pretty neat.

QUOTE(jasonxctf @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 09:22 AM)
to keep you all in the loop, the Sox were the first team to actually respond with this. They sent in 2 program guides on the team. Similar to the ones you can buy at the ballpark for $4-5 each. Very nice.

Not too much history on the team in these, mostly just highlighting the '06 season. Still pretty neat.

That is interesting. Just wondering, who wins the World Series? :bang :P

Cool as hell though. :cheers