AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!!!!!&#

NUKE_CLEVELAND

EAT s*** KANSAS s***TY!!!!!!!!!

I shoulda wrote this thread and posted it in the 1st inning. Was there ever any doubt?!

Garland back in form................PODS even got a couple of hits.

GOING FOR THE SWEEP TOMORROW...........BREAK OUT THE BROOMS KIDDIES!!!!!!!!

GIMMIE A HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We were fortunate to get that error handed to us early, or else this is a different game. But in 2005 form, we took advantage and got the 3 runs, Jenks looks better every game, and Garland looked great, even if it was Kansas s***ty.

But maybe the most impressive thing I saw all night was Thome. Man on 3rd with 2 outs, so what does he do? He just floats a pitching wedge out into the huge space in left center field to get the run home. Great to see, let's sweep these clowns and keep the hot play going.

Also should be mentioned is the little things....Anderson draws a walk and makes another really nice defensive play in CF, couple more hits and a couple SB's for Pods, and Uribe with that 2 out, 2 run single. All great signs to see from struggling players. And of course, Jon was solid as well for his first QS of the year.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

If Pods continues getting on base, Thome stays hot, and the rotation continues to pitch well, it's going to be a long year for the rest of the AL. The entire team pretty much feeds on those 3 things.

Of course there's good defense too, but that's expected.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 08:33 PM)
Also should be mentioned is the little things....Anderson draws a walk and makes another really nice defensive play in CF, couple more hits and a couple SB's for Pods, and Uribe with that 2 out, 2 run single.  All great signs to see from struggling players.  And of course, Jon was solid as well for his first QS of the year.

All great points. Brian Anderson's walk was by far the best at-bat I've seen out of him all year long. He still got himself behind in the count, but then he shortened his swing, fought off a few decent pitches and worked himself a walk. At this point, that's serious progress. Pods has surprised me with his baserunning ability. I figured his hitting would come around, but he's actually stolen three bases in a row without getting caught. I don't think he's done that since July of last year. But still, I don't want him to force it. His presence on base is often enough of a distraction to the pitcher, let our 2-4 bring him home, especially while they are hot.

Garland was good, although he was helped out by a poor hitting Royals club. If he pitched that same game against Cleveland, he wouldn't have left in the seventh allowing only one run. But still, it was a strong step in the right direction.

All in all, another solid game, against a team that we need to nab as many victories from as possible, because everyone else in our division will.