AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!!!!!&#

NUKE_CLEVELAND

QUOTE(bmags @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 11:05 PM)
I shudder to see that we all praise this kid for doing the simplest of things...whenever he gets to the plate its a countdown to K...soon people will be bringing K signs to the cell for Brian anderson, not the pitchers. He got on base (ONCE) against kansas city. 2 in two games...and how many k's did he also have? At least get the ball in play...we might as well just say he's out before he even gets to the plate.

I think you are expecting to much of Brian Anderson too soon. You just need to be patient and you will see that this kid will one day bloom and be a great player one day. I think BA is in a very difficult position because he is taking Aaron Rowand's place which we all know Aaron was great at center field.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 11:16 PM)
Or Felix Hernandez.

If Brian was as bad as you make him out to be(or half this board),he wouldnt be in CF for the Sox, plain and simple. He is a rookie in a slump, trying to find himself at the plate.

See, us fans who dont give up on players after the 1st week like to see improvement with the players the Sox, and B.A. with a solid AB late in the ballgame was a good sign. Im sorry its fun for you to watch him K.

I don't think he, or the other half of the board, is giving up on him. I also don't see anything wrong with pointing out the obvious and discussing it. Why the hate for someone getting on Brian - constructively at that... but the 15 Jon sucks ass threads last week...?

QUOTE(bmags @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 12:43 AM)
How does Thomes stats have anything to do with whether Brian Anderson is ready to be the starting center fielder at the present time? I mean, we'd be better off with our pitcher batting ninth...buerhle would be a better hitter than anderson at this point...how sad is that?

To me...putting the ball in play is a far more productive out than striking out. It leaves that small chance...a  collision, the sun in the eyes...of something good to come of it...it puts the pressure on the defense. And with crede we were not exactly defending champions...he was brought up at the end of another clear 2nd-3rd place finish...not exactly defending world champions. I don't know how much time we can waste giving the other team 4 free outs and only batting with 8 guys. especially with 1 being pods.

but go ahead...praise brian anderson walking...and getting on base 2 in 2 games against the vaunted Royals pitching staff...( i swear its like you might live on the northside)

Because that was the decision logic in making Anderson start this year as opposed to next. You would hope that the increased production out of the 3 hole will offset the decreased production we'll see from Rowand. And so far, even with Anderson struggling miserably out of the gate, it has. Not only has Thome played great, but it's given Iguchi more protection and provided Konerko with far more RBI opportunities.

I'm telling you, by the end of the year, Anderson will be batting between .245 & .265, and that is all we need from him - provided he plays above average center as well. To determine he's incapable of that after 11 games is just dumb.

Anyway, all I'm saying is his at-bat was a start. That was the first time I've seen him go down 2 strikes in a count and not appear to just guess what the next pitch would be. He gradually worked the count in his favor and eventually drew a walk. It would be a decent at-bat for anyone, but with the way Brian has looked lately, it was a huge improvement.

But that's enough baseball talk, I've got to start getting ready for Latino night at US BeerCo.

QUOTE(White Sox Fan For Life @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 02:49 PM)
You are being too harsh because it is too early in the season right now and for BA's career. Just wait and see he might turn out to be even better than Aaron Rowand you never know.

I think everyone will be disappointed if Anderson doesn't turn out to be better than Rowand in his career.

QUOTE(White Sox Fan For Life @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 09:49 AM)
You are being too harsh because it is too early in the season right now and for BA's career. Just wait and see he might turn out to be even better than Aaron Rowand you never know.

And he could suck. You never know. Point is there is no need to s*** on others for having concerns.

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 09:55 AM)
And he could suck. You never know. Point is there is no need to s*** on others for having concerns.

Actually it looked like a guy who was complementing BA for having a good at bat got s*** on for being too optimistic is what started this whole mess :P

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...dpost&p=1105421

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...dpost&p=1105474

Maybe we just need two different Anderson threas like in Filibuster for D's and R's. :bang

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 02:55 PM)

I know a lot of people point out to how if we give up on Anderson now, we should have given up on Dye last year. There's a big difference between a proven veteran like Dye, and a rookie who outside of one game in his career has shown no ability to string together consistent at-bats. Anderson's approach at the plate is bad, and I'm not sure if his current swing will ever result in him hitting over .225 in the majors.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 10:03 AM)
I know a lot of people point out to how if we give up on Anderson now, we should have given up on Dye last year.  There's a big difference between a proven veteran like Dye, and a rookie who outside of one game in his career has shown no ability to string together consistent at-bats.  Anderson's approach at the plate is bad, and I'm not sure if his current swing will ever result in him hitting over .225 in the majors.

I'd point to Robin Ventura's 0-41, or Neal Cotts first season as a much better example actually...

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 10:02 AM)
Actually it looked like a guy who was complementing BA for having a good at bat got s*** on for being too optimistic is what started this whole mess :P

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...dpost&p=1105421

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...dpost&p=1105474

Maybe we just need two different Anderson threas like in Filibuster for D's and R's. :bang

LMAO. :lolhitting

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 09:52 AM)
I think everyone will be disappointed if Anderson doesn't turn out to be better than Rowand in his career.

I agree with you because he could be like another Joe Borchard. But right now everyone is just being too hard on BA even though he is filling Rowand's place. That is a tough job to fulfill especially the last season with Rowand's tremendous skills out their in center field.

QUOTE(White Sox Fan For Life @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 10:55 AM)
For one thing I never said anything about concerns being a bad thing, but when you are really hard on a guy that is just going overboard.

The only thing I was hard on was the folks giving bmags s*** for having a different opinion.

:bang

QUOTE(White Sox Fan For Life @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 03:53 PM)
I agree with you because he could be like another Joe Borchard. But right now everyone is just being too hard on BA even though he is filling Rowand's place. That is a tough job to fulfill especially the last season with Rowand's tremendous skills out their in center field.

The thing is, I think Anderson came in with a very simple job. While people in Chicago love Rowand, his production last year was not very good. It wouldn't take much for a solid outfielder to top Rowand's production last season. It's not like we're talking about bringing up Rogowski to take the place of Konerko. The only time tremendous should be used in regards to Rowand is his attitude....definitely not his skills.

QUOTE(bmags @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 12:29 PM)
turns out one was my brother so i'm fine with it

I would have said the same thing regardless. It's a peeve of mine when people get jumped on for having a different opinion. :huh