Sox vs Royals 4/19

IlliniKrush

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 02:58 PM)
Hey, it was bound to happen.  At least the pressure is off now.

It wasn't really bound to happen. He had a great chance at a no no, but now that it has....lets take him out after next inning, unless he really wants the CG.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 03:00 PM)
Because he was a Sox-killer as a Twin, and he ends no-hitters with luck like that.

He wasn't a Sox killer other than the occasional defense since he can't hit. AJ, TorII and Jacque were the Sox killers that I couldn't stand, and one won the WS with us last year and the other is on the Flubs now.

QUOTE(LoFiStew @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 02:01 PM)
That's got to be the cheapest, fluky-est hit I've ever seen to break up a no-hitter. It's a pity too, because Vazquez had a real chance for a no-no against this joke of a line-up.

If Mientkiewicz had any class, he would have pulled a hamstring running to first base.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 04:02 PM)
It wasn't really bound to happen.  He had a great chance at a no no, but now that it has....lets take him out after next inning, unless he really wants the CG.

No-hitters are very rare. You expect every team to get at least one hit in every game. It doesn't make me angry to see a no-no broken up usually, because I just assume it's going to happen eventually.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 08:04 PM)
No-hitters are very rare.  You expect every team to get at least one hit in every game.  It doesn't make me angry to see a no-no broken up usually, because I just assume it's going to happen eventually.

I'd love to see Vazquez throw a no-hitter, but getting the win is just as important to me. It was nice to see him come right back and get out of the inning after the cheap hit.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 02:06 PM)
I'd love to see Vazquez throw a no-hitter, but getting the win is just as important to me.  It was nice to see him come right back and get out of the inning after the cheap hit.

Good point. I was concerned about a mental lapse there.