Gotta love how Ozzie talks to a slumping hitter...

whitesoxfan101

Gotta love how Ozzie consoles his pitching coach. Cooper was on the score this morning talking about how he had lost his dog for over a month in Arizona and Guillen told him to forget about it because his dog has become "mexican barbeque."

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 03:44 PM)
Ozzie might not be the best guy guy to manage a ballgame, but he is the perfect guy you want in this situation. While a manager like Gardenhire is great, Anderson would have been down in AAA last week. Ozzie is giving Anderson every chance in the world for Brian to succeed, and like Ozzie, I believe he wont let us down.

And that's a really good statement Tony. You've seen how the Twins have handled Jason Bartlett, he should be in the majors no doubt, instead he's stuck in AAA while the Twinkies have Juan Castro of all people in front of him. Jason Kubel just a couple of days ago got demoted because Gardenhire wasn't using him enough.

The Twins have a great knack for finding and developing good young pitching. It's lucky for us, they don't have that same knack for finding hitters.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 07:14 AM)
And that's a really good statement Tony. You've seen how the Twins have handled Jason Bartlett, he should be in the majors no doubt, instead he's stuck in AAA while the Twinkies have Juan Castro of all people in front of him. Jason Kubel just a couple of days ago got demoted because Gardenhire wasn't using him enough.

The Twins have a great knack for finding and developing good young pitching. It's lucky for us, they don't have that same knack for finding hitters.

The wierd thing about the Twins is that they were all about letting the young guys play, and their young guys turned into a great team(Hunter, Pierzynski, Jones, Radke, Santana etc.), and now that great team is pretty much broken up, and the Twins are resisting another youth movement. I think Gardenhire was great for the Twins when they were ready to compete, I dont know so much about his ability to assimilate young players into the mix. So far his results have been a pretty mixed bag, and more recently he hasnt been all that good with his treatment of Kubel, Bartlett, Castro and Cuddyer. His development of young pitching has been pretty awesome though

One of the luxeries of winning is being able to keep Anderson in the lineup. Winning a close game yesterday with two auto-outs back to back is sweet. I was wondering if we could DH for Anderson and let Garland take his swings

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 10:33 PM)
The wierd thing about the Twins is that they were all about letting the young guys play, and their young guys turned into a great team(Hunter, Pierzynski, Jones, Radke, Santana etc.), and now that great team is pretty much broken up, and the Twins are resisting another youth movement.  I think Gardenhire was great for the Twins when they were ready to compete, I dont know so much about his ability to assimilate young players into the mix.  So far his results have been a pretty mixed bag, and more recently he hasnt been all that good with his treatment of Kubel, Bartlett, Castro and Cuddyer.  His development of young pitching has been pretty awesome though

If you listen to a lot of Twins fans, I think you'll find Gardy's act in terms of how he handles his offensive players is starting to get really old. For example, not using a platoon partner for Jackass Jones against lefties, when he was really terrible against them.

I think he just falls in love with his veteran guys too much, and doesn't give his young guys enough of a chance. I mean Bartlett was hitting .246 and .227 in his 1st 2 months, not terrible for a rookie by any stretch of means, and they replace him with Castro who hit .257 last season and had an OBP of .279 (9 BB's in 272 AB's).

Because I mean I would definitely be more worried about the Twins if they let Bartlett stay in the majors last season, and he'd definitely be more settled in now, and would probably produce a lot better. Same with Cuddyer.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 08:02 AM)
If you listen to a lot of Twins fans, I think you'll find Gardy's act in terms of how he handles his offensive players is starting to get really old. For example, not using a platoon partner for Jackass Jones against lefties, when he was really terrible against them.

I think he just falls in love with his veteran guys too much, and doesn't give his young guys enough of a chance. I mean Bartlett was hitting .246 and .227 in his 1st 2 months, not terrible for a rookie by any stretch of means, and they replace him with Castro who hit .257 last season and had an OBP of .279 (9 BB's in 272 AB's).

Because I mean I would definitely be more worried about the Twins if they let Bartlett stay in the majors last season, and he'd definitely be more settled in now, and would probably produce a lot better. Same with Cuddyer.

Stick and Ball guy is like the polar opposite of bat-girl, and he rips into the organization pretty good about Gardy and his handling of players. But even Bat-girl lets her true feelings be known about Gardenhire every once in a while.