All quiet in soxdom

SnB

No 'WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS TEAM!?!' threads

No 'BLOW THIS TEAM UP' threads

nothing.

just pure happiness.

Let's focus on how positive these past few days have been, this place focuses on way too many negatives.

Just remember, there aren't many years where we can start out the season with a really bad week, and everyone just knows things are going to turn around.

QUOTE(Harry&JimmyRocked @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 02:12 AM)
still a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG way to go and there are some serious holes on this team that need addressing.

I was thinkin' the same thing.

It's the second week and we just beat up on the lowly royals. :ph34r:

I'm very confident in this team, but there's just soo much ahead.

But I will say I luv the newfound national attention. Brings a smile to my face when hearing national media discussing Buerhle's tarp-sliding and A.J.'s hair. :)

I think more then anything, snb is just talking about how all the b****ing around here from the first week has subsided for now, and it's kind of nice to see for at least now. Everyone realizes that there is a long way to go but this is one hell of a team and we don't need to go nuts after every bad week the Sox have because the first week of this year certainly isn't going to be the last one we have.

I was one to ciritsize the Sox early on after a 1-4 start, but they look ready to take off. When and if Politte and Cotts kick it into high gear, the Sox could run away with it again...even with how good Cleveland is. This Sox team is really, really good. Thome has been an amazing addition.

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 03:56 AM)
I was one to ciritsize the Sox early on after a 1-4 start, but they look ready to take off. When and if Politte and Cotts kick it into high gear, the Sox could run away with it again...even with how good Cleveland is. This Sox team is really, really good. Thome has been an amazing addition.

Not to mention for once, Konerko is off to a torrid April, something new to him. He in the past always seemed to bury himself in a hole to start the season. Between he and Crede really coming out of the gates hitting, and the Thome addition to protect Konerko, things look good.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 02:16 AM)
But I will say I luv the newfound national attention.  Brings a smile to my face when hearing national media discussing Buerhle's tarp-sliding and A.J.'s hair.   :)

Jim's mom, a lifelong Cub fan (a real one), knows more about the Sox than she ever did before because of this. :headbang

Beautiful ain't it. And when we're in slumps, just remember these times, because as we showed, we're a much better team than one that goes 1-4 after its first few games and has its fans disgusted with its play.

This is a team built on pitching. And when we get performances like we've gotten from Mark, Jose and Jon over 3 of the past 4 games, we're going to win a LOT of games this season. So just enjoy it. Please. :)

I had no doubt that going into this year it would not be the same Disney ride as last season. That season was just one of those once-in-a-lifetime seasons that I doubt we'll see again. Think about it:

-First place, wire to wire

-That whole streak of having the lead

-Best start in franchise history

-Garland being the ACE the first half (W..T..F?!?!)

And all the other things. I personally knew that season had a "reverse curse" when we were playing--natch--the KC Royals in a day game and we scored no runs but they walked in two at the end, and we won. I mean, that's when you just have to laugh and think: we are destined.

The slow start didn't phase me. This year's going to be a dogfight and it was clear from the get-go that our pitchers aren't getting a free pass. It's a long season and if we struggle in the first half, so be it. I'm more worried about the home stretch after the ASB and doing the one and only thing that anybody should be worried about: winning the division.

Maybe the pitchers and the hitters reversed mojo--this year Garland's ERA already is in the double-digits... but Konerko's hitting over .300?!? Um, what?

Don't matter, because it was reversed last year but it all came together when it needed to.

That said, I thought last night's game was the Sox most looking like their 2005 selves thus far. Know what I mean? Timely hitting, crushing them on a mistake opportunity, solid pitching and a Jenks save. I felt like it was October 2005.

100 wins? No way.

I still have lots of concerns:

the bullpen

Scott Pods' dumb baserunning

Jon Garland

the lineup outside of Kong, Gooch, Dye, and Thome

Wow, still haven't even played 10%. The season is something I love about baseball, it's everyday, and yet it's so long that it's spread out over spring, summer, and fall.

QUOTE(SnB @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 12:37 AM)
No 'WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS TEAM!?!' threads

No 'BLOW THIS TEAM UP' threads

nothing.

just pure happiness.

Let's focus on how positive these past few days have been, this place focuses on way too many negatives.

Just remember, there aren't many years where we can start out the season with a really bad week, and everyone just knows things are going to turn around.

I told you mother f***ers not to overreact in the 1st week.

IM TIRED OF BEING RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 05:38 PM)
No way?  This team is better then the team last year that won 99, I don't think you can say that there is no chance of them winning 100.

The variable is the divisional opponents which seem to have improved somewhat. That said, I think we can handle the Tigers and Royals for certain and it will depend on how the Sox perform against the Twins and Indians.