Sox vs. Scrubs

DABearSoX

The whole crosstown rivalry feel is lost for me. After last October it really gets to me when I see a Sox fan still arguing with a scrubs fan. Yea I had the CORK shirt and all that garbage but that was then and this is now. I still get s*** from them but I look the other way. Its not worth it anymore..... Why should we waste a breath on thier team....worry about us. So basically what I am trying to say is Sox fans unite and be the bigger men/women. They have nothing better to do then say we suck and all that trash. Its not even worth it anymore to say anything back......

Sorry if its a wastful thread, but I witnessed a Sox/Cubs brawl tonight (this is in CO mind you) and I finally had to go up to the Sox fan and tell him "Dude, your only playing to the sterotype that they love to rip on, just stay humble and know whatever one of them says to you does not put a ring on their teams finger."

There are few Cubs fans that understand this too, my brother a diehard northsider (no idea why) has taken this road. After we won it all he won't argue with me anymore....it acctually has brought better baseball conversation between us. So please, act like the dedicated fans we are, there is no reason to get your pantys in a bunch over s*** like this anymore...

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 03:27 AM)
The whole crosstown rivalry feel is lost for me. After last October it really gets to me when I see a Sox fan still arguing with a scrubs fan. Yea I had the CORK shirt and all that garbage but that was then and this is now. I still get s*** from them but I look the other way. Its not worth it anymore..... Why should we waste a breath on thier team....worry about us. So basically what I am trying to say is Sox fans unite and be the bigger men/women. They have nothing better to do then say we suck and all that trash. Its not even worth it anymore to say anything back......

Sorry if its a wastful thread, but I witnessed a Sox/Cubs brawl tonight (this is in CO mind you) and I finally had to go up to the Sox fan and tell him "Dude, your only playing to the sterotype that they love to rip on, just stay humble and know whatever one of them says to you does not put a ring on their teams finger."

There are few Cubs fans that understand this too, my brother a diehard northsider (no idea why) has taken this road. After we won it all he won't argue with me anymore....it acctually has brought better baseball conversation between us. So please, act like the dedicated fans we are, there is no reason to get your pantys in a bunch over s*** like this anymore...

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you. :cheers

Who's arguing anymore?? I mean really how can you have an argument when your the World Champions.

Cubs fan: We have better pitching than you guys

Sox Fan: haha World Champs

Cubs fan: We have better hitting than you guys

Cubs fan: We have better coaching than you guys

Cubs fan: We have better attendance than you guys

Cubs fan: We have better stadium than you guys

Whatever... :gosox2:

Edited by Controlled Chaos

I have a cubs fan buddy who always tries to get a rise out of me, but I always tell him that his smacktalk dont mean a thing, without that ring. I point to my finger and smile, and he tells me he hates me and knows no matter what, I have already won.

Growing up on the northwest side and now in deerfield, everyone i know is a cubs fans. And some of them still talk s***! but the peoplel who do are the "cubbie" fans, not the "cubs" fans. THese are the people who just go to the games to get drunk, look cute, and talk on their cell phones, not the real die hards. So it is quite funny when they talk s***, all i say is, "name your starting infield." and they shut up

This is the one I've been using:

Whenever a Cubs fan attempts to get in a baseball scrap with me--something I don't even care to do anymore--I simply say, "Sorry, you're going to have to speak louder, I was at Game Two of the World Series last year and when Paul Konerko hit that Grand Slam, well, my hearing hasn't been the same since."

That about does it. The conversation ends.

There is this Cub fan in my class who says, "If the St. Louis made it to the WS last year, we would have lost" And I respond by saying, "Houston beat St. Louis, we swept Houston, were the champs! Better than Boston, New York, Anahiem, San Diego, Atlanta, St. Louis and Houston. hahaha you just can't take it"

Another thing that works if a sCrub fan is talking smack, just say "1908" That usually shuts them up.

Or you can pull a Patrick Roy and say "I can't hear you i have a WS ring stuck in my ear"

Ahhh its a beautiful thing to be the champions!

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 09:47 AM)

Whenever a Cubs fan attempts to get in a baseball scrap with me--something I don't even care to do anymore--I simply say, "Sorry, you're going to have to speak louder, I was at Game Two of the World Series last year and when Paul Konerko hit that Grand Slam, well, my hearing hasn't been the same since."

That about does it.  The conversation ends.

:notworthy

QUOTE(SoxPhan7 @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 08:47 AM)
Growing up on the northwest side and now in deerfield, everyone i know is a cubs fans. And some of them still talk s***! but the peoplel who do are the "cubbie" fans, not the "cubs" fans. THese are the people who just go to the games to get drunk, look cute, and talk on their cell phones, not the real die hards. So it is quite funny when they talk s***, all i say is, "name your starting infield." and they shut up

True...Friday night I went to see a band at the Cubby Bear. We got there an hour before anyone started and everyone was watching the Cubs game. I ended up having to inform my idiot Cub friends and the idiot Cub fans at the table next to me who their offseason bullpen additions were and where they came from. Then this guy at the table next to me said, "typical Sox fan, so obsessed with the Cubs they know every offseason move we ever made."

I told him that summed up why there's some truth in stereotypes. You would never see 5 or 6 Sox fans needing an education on their ballclub from a Cub fan, especially at Jimbo's or Cobblestone's during a game. Yet here these guys are at their little Mecca bar outside their Mecca ballpark, and they seem to think their baseball ignorance is something to be proud of.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 06:02 AM)
Cubs fan:  We have better pitching than you guys

Wrong.

Cubs fan:  We have better hitting than you guys

Wrong again.

Cubs fan:  We have better coaching than you guys

LOL!

Cubs fan:  We have better stadium than you guys

If you don't mind the gross lack of parking and inch-deep urine in the bathrooms...

Cubs fan:  We have better attendance than you guys

You got me there! Enjoy your Attendance Trophy. :lolhitting

My brother-in-law told my kids that Cub fans don't care what the Sox do. I almost came out of my chair. I beg to differ. Last August and Sept, I couldn't count how many times I heard the words "blowing it", "worst collapse in history" and so forth. They can try to take the high road all they want but they are being eaten alive from the inside.

Sorry, but the worst collapse in history still belongs to the '69 Cubs. Deal with it.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 09:47 AM)

That about does it.  The conversation ends.

Similar....

I like to use "what's that? why don't you talk into this ear, because i'm having trouble hearing with this one because it has a world series ring in it"

If cub fans bring up things like better ballpark or better attendance, I just say: "you know you are right, I didn't see that engraved on the trophy."

But the key is I do it in good friendly humor; not to argue or belittle. The nature of the organization to me is the totality of the players, management and fanbase. I desire my organization to be class; and I do my part.

SFF

Edited by SpringfieldFan

I got in a fight at a party in wrigleyville(on addison between racine and clark I think) in July because I was wearing a Sox jersey. It consisted of two kids throwing their cups at me as they left, and then myself and 4 of my friends chasing them 3 blocks(edit) before they got away.

Edited by jenksd

I do not like this one boy in my college classes which I have all my classes with. He is a major SCRUB FAN :headshake So one day he was talking bad about the Sox and he says

The boy: We have better pitching than the White Sox

Me: Oh really who won the World Series?! (I point to my world series ring that I got at the ring ceremony)

The boy: Oh I am suprise that ring hasn't turned green yet

Me: Hey buddy at least we got a ring!

The Boy: Oh at least we don't have fans that run on the field and beat the s*** out of a first baseman coach!

Me: In the newspaper they admitted to being Cub fans who went to see a Cubs game earlier and then wanted to see a real winning team!

The Boy: Of course they are going to say that!

The arguement goes on and on but now I am starting to resist him because I know he just wants to get a rise out of me.