good night, and good luck

samclemens

I saw "Goodnight, and good luck" last night. the movie is about the reporter Ed Murrow's battle with joe mccarthy during the red scare. thought it was OK.

we all know what clooney's political views are, but his spin wasnt out of control with this movie. however, i did catch one inferrence he was talking to that i was wondering if anyone else caught. seemed to me like he was making reference to dan rather's resignation, the way he portrayed murrow being amortized/phased out after he essentially beat mccarthy at his own game. or am i just paranoid?

QUOTE(samclemens @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 08:57 AM)
I saw "Goodnight, and good luck" last night. the movie is about the reporter Ed Murrow's battle with joe mccarthy during the red scare. thought it was OK.

we all know what clooney's political views are, but his spin wasnt out of control with this movie. however, i did catch one inferrence he was talking to that i was wondering if anyone else caught. seemed to me like he was making reference to dan rather's resignation, the way he portrayed murrow being amortized/phased out after he essentially beat mccarthy at his own game. or am i just paranoid?

I saw it. Excellent film. David Strathairn was just downright spectacular, and he should have won the Oscar for that role.

As far as the hint, I guess I don't see it, because that is pretty much what happened historically.

Murrow was right though - a box with wires and lights. That is all it is, and has become little more.

well, even if no one else here saw that in the movie, it was good, and i would recommend checking it out, if not just for a peek into what it was actually like during the red scare in the 1920's and 30's.

as for the rather analogy, i know i was reaching, so i guess i am paranoid. :gosoxretro:

QUOTE(samclemens @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 10:38 AM)
well, even if no one else here saw that in the movie, it was good, and i would recommend checking it out, if not just for a peek into what it was actually like during the red scare in the 1920's and 30's.

as for the rather analogy, i know i was reaching, so i guess i am paranoid. :gosoxretro:

1950's. There was no TV, of that sort, during the 20's or 30's.