L10

Steve9347

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 04:23 PM)
doesn't that look sexy in the standings...

wow, and friday Buehrle takes the mound.  this rotation is unbelievable.

It's amazing because there is never a lapse in the rotation, barring injuries of course. (Knock on wood) You got Buehrle and you feel good, then Freddy, Count, Jon, and Vaz. When you have confidence in all 5 starters like that, that they will go out and give you a solid 7 and a QS, then you know your rotation is the s***.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 03:30 PM)
With the number of people that say exactly what you just said, how are they overrated

I don't like their rotation at all outside of Pedro. Their bridge from starter to Wagner is also pretty average. They've got a pretty solid line-up, although it will never reach it's full potential unless Reyes learns to take a walk, and Beltran becomes the Beltran from '04.

With our rotation, I think we will have quite a few 8-2 and 9-1 ten game stretches, (and likely something longer than our 8-game win streaks last year), while on the bad side, we should never do worse than 5-5.

101+ wins. A new Sox record. Count on it.

There's a long way to go, some bullpen issues, and some very competitive teams in the AL, but our great starting pitching is the best formula for very strong winning stretches.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 04:25 PM)
We should just go 9-1 all the time in our last 10.

I'm pretty sickened by your low expectations for this team. If Javy wasn't freaking tipping his pitches Friday, I'd be 10 wins in a row. 9-1 in our last 10 is only acceptable for those once in a while occasions where we just get our butt kicked from inning 1 through 9.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 03:45 PM)
I'm pretty sickened by your low expectations for this team.  If Javy wasn't freaking tipping his pitches Friday, I'd be 10 wins in a row.  9-1 in our last 10 is only acceptable for those once in a while occasions where we just get our butt kicked from inning 1 through 9.

Good point, I apologize.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 04:47 PM)
Good point, I apologize.

No problem, anytime. :)

Unfortunately, we have Santana on friday. So we gone.

Not so fast. Maybe we can get Buehrle on his game again against that still poor Twins offense, get it to the 10th 0-0, and beat their bullpen.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 03:52 PM)
No problem, anytime. :)

Not so fast.  Maybe we can get Buehrle on his game again against that still poor Twins offense, get it to the 10th 0-0, and beat their bullpen.

haha, i hope your right.

ill be in vegas watching the game, that sounds sexier, than 9-1 in l10

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 02:25 PM)
It's amazing because there is never a lapse in the rotation, barring injuries of course. (Knock on wood) You got Buehrle and you feel good, then Freddy, Count, Jon, and Vaz. When you have confidence in all 5 starters like that, that they will go out and give you a solid 7 and a QS, then you know your rotation is the s***.

Dude...even if there are those things I won't mention...look what our backup plan can do.

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 04:50 PM)
Unfortunately, we have Santana on friday. So we gone.

There is someone by the name of Mark Buehrle going against him. Which pitcher is better? I'd take Buehrle any day of the week.