L10

Steve9347

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 12:18 AM)
Yes, right now, I will take Buehrle over Santana. RIGHT NOW. Once Santana settles in, I'm sure he'll be my pick. But until he shows me he has found his grove, I'm taking Buehrle. Like I said, I'm not taking Buehrle's career over Santana's at all, but as of this moment, Buehrle is pitching better.

You're a damn good buls***ter. Lawyer material. :cheers

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 05:45 PM)
I'm pretty sickened by your low expectations for this team.  If Javy wasn't freaking tipping his pitches Friday, I'd be 10 wins in a row.  9-1 in our last 10 is only acceptable for those once in a while occasions where we just get our butt kicked from inning 1 through 9.

Javy was tipping his pitches? I didn't catch that one. Where did you see that? I'm always interested in that kind of thing.

You might also add that if Guillen had brought in Cotts instead of Logan in the 8th inning of Game 3, the Sox would be 12-3. Or if Ozuna could catch in left field, 13-2. Or if Politte doesn't give up the gopher to Sweeney, 14-1. The Sox have been in and had a good chance to win every game but Game 2 against Cleveland.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 09:08 AM)
So, back on the thread's original subject...

In case no one noticed last night...

Cleveland lost, so...

WE ARE ALONE IN FIRST FOR THE FIRST TIME THIS YEAR!!!!

:gosox3:

We really should have included money on our sig bet. :)

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 09:08 AM)
So, back on the thread's original subject...

In case no one noticed last night...

Cleveland lost, so...

WE ARE ALONE IN FIRST FOR THE FIRST TIME THIS YEAR!!!!

:gosox3:

:cheers :headbang I saw that when I checked the standing when I got to work this morning.

QUOTE(BlackBetsy @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 10:16 AM)
Javy was tipping his pitches?  I didn't catch that one.  Where did you see that?  I'm always interested in that kind of thing.

You might also add that if Guillen had brought in Cotts instead of Logan in the 8th inning of Game 3, the Sox would be 12-3.

Guillen said Javy was tipping his pitches, but AJ didn't know anything about.

As for bringing in Cotts instead of Logan, I'm going to disagree. At the time I thought it was a bad move to go with Logan, but after seeing some of Cotts' work so far, he could have given up that homer just as easy.

QUOTE(G&T @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 02:09 PM)
Guillen said Javy was tipping his pitches, but AJ didn't know anything about.

As for bringing in Cotts instead of Logan, I'm going to disagree. At the time I thought it was a bad move to go with Logan, but after seeing some of Cotts' work so far, he could have given up that homer just as easy.

AJ probably didn't have a clue because he didn't catch Javy, Widger did.

I was at the Friday game and downstairs, so I had a decent view of it all. Vasquez was looking pretty good considering who he was pitching against the first 4 innings other than a walk and a homer by Hillenbrand, and then all of a sudden he couldn't get anybody out and everything was being hit hard. The fact that his struggles hit so fast and came out of nowhere at a time where he wouldn't be tired yet is what makes me tend to believe Toronto might have picked up on something with him tipping his pitches.

As for where did I hear this, Coop and Ozzie were both talking about it the other day.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 01:19 PM)
I was at the Friday game and downstairs, so I had a decent view of it all.  Vasquez was looking pretty good considering who he was pitching against the first 4 innings other than a walk and a homer by Hillenbrand, and then all of a sudden he couldn't get anybody out and everything was being hit hard.  The fact that his struggles hit so fast and came out of nowhere at a time where he wouldn't be tired yet is what makes me tend to believe Toronto might have picked up on something with him tipping his pitches.

As for where did I hear this, Coop and Ozzie were both talking about it the other day.

He may have been tipping his pitches, but Widger was calling a horrible predictable game.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 03:44 PM)
I don't like their rotation at all outside of Pedro.  Their bridge from starter to Wagner is also pretty average.  They've got a pretty solid line-up,  although it will never reach it's full potential unless Reyes learns to take a walk,  and Beltran becomes the Beltran from '04.

Not sure if anyone realizes it, but Pedro just won his 200th game. If you tuned into Baseball Tonight a half hour late that night, you missed it.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 10:10 PM)
There is someone by the name of Mark Buehrle going against him.  Which pitcher is better?  I'd take Buehrle any day of the week.

this is why hawk harrelson was a great GM [/green]

Yeah, I could understand if Santana wasn't in the American League & people didn't really get a chance to observe him on a regular basis, but he pitches for a team that we see 19 times a year. If you think that Buehrle is more valuable, you're out there like f***ing Pluto.

And I'm a proud member of the Buehrle fan club, so bite me. :D

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 02:16 PM)
AJ probably didn't have a clue because he didn't catch Javy, Widger did.

Although Guillen suggested Vazquez may have been tipping his pitches Friday, catcher A.J. Pierzynski said he was unaware of that.

I go by what I read

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 22, 2006 -> 10:13 PM)
^^^

Same here, the one game I get to over this long ass stretch of winning just happens to be the one game that they lose.

Hell. I went to 5 games last year and they lost 4 of them. That was during a championship season. The only win I got to see was that glorious thumping they put on the Cubs in game 1 at the Cell.