FREE American Airlines tickets given to 20,000

How about that?

Mark Cuban and the Mavericks gave a free round trip ticket on American Airlines to every fan in attendance as a "fan appreciation" gift.

Pretty impressive, huh?

Yes, there is a catch. It's out of Dallas Love Field. They only fly to Kansas City, St. Louis, San Antonio, and Austin.

Still, I thought that was an EXCELLENT marketing ploy.

It'd be a nice excuse to get out to see a Cardinals game at New Busch.

Although I'd probably end up settling for a Royals game, since almost every game at NB is sold out.

Still, I'd rather have a round trip airline ticket than Matthew Barnaby's jersey, that's for sure.

(the LackHawks had their players "give the shirts off their backs" to winning fans at their Fan Appreciation Night)

That's freaking awesome, even if it's a bit limited.  A lot of those fans are Texas Rangers fans I'd assume, so use the tickets to go to Kansas City for a couple days and see the Rangers play the Royals or something.  MAJOR props to Cuban for that one.

Or you could sell them and make some extra money

Edited by Cuck the Fubs

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 07:38 AM)
So basically, your choices are KC or St. Louis.  I know Tx is huge, but I bet you can probably drive to the other two from Dallas within a reasonable time, no?

would take 5 hours + to both

QUOTE(The Critic @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 07:52 AM)
It'd be a nice excuse to get out to see a Cardinals game at New Busch.

Although I'd probably end up settling for a Royals game, since almost every game at NB is sold out.

Still, I'd rather have a round trip airline ticket than Matthew Barnaby's jersey, that's for sure.

(the LackHawks had their players "give the shirts off their backs" to winning fans at their Fan Appreciation Night)

I'll bet the 3 fans that didn't get a jersey are pissed. :bang