ATTENDANCE THREAD ALERT

southsider2k5

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 07:28 AM)
Good, now sign Buehrle to a long term deal.

Amen. As for this, great news. And I'm going to my 3rd game already Friday, I'm glad I took the strategy of hitting up early season games here, tickets are going to be so damn tough as the season goes on and the race heats up.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 09:37 AM)
Amen.  As for this, great news.  And I'm going to my 3rd game already Friday, I'm glad I took the strategy of hitting up early season games here, tickets are going to be so damn tough as the season goes on and the race heats up.

Road games only for me this year for the most part.

I may make one trip to the Cell all year.

So far I am going to Anaheim next weekend for all 3 and then to Cincinnati in June for the 3 game set.

May also do one more road trip plus maybe a trip to the Cell.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 08:44 AM)
Road games only for me this year for the most part.

I may make one trip to the Cell all year.

So far I am going to Anaheim next weekend for all 3 and then to Cincinnati in June for the 3 game set.

May also do one more road trip plus maybe a trip to the Cell.

Hey!! I'm going to 2 of the games in Cincinnati :headbang

My brother is actually a Reds fan (hey better than a Cubs fan right? and he was rooting for us last October) so me and him are taking the drive down there. GABP and Miller Park are such great places to visit (I'll be at Miller Park Saturday for Reds/Brewers) and I kinda like the Reds and Brew Crew. Should be fun.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 09:52 AM)
Hey!!  I'm going to 2 of the games in Cincinnati  :headbang

My brother is actually a Reds fan (hey better than a Cubs fan right? and he was rooting for us last October) so me and him are taking the drive down there.  GABP and Miller Park are such great places to visit (I'll be at Miller Park Saturday for Reds/Brewers) and I kinda like the Reds and Brew Crew.  Should be fun.

It's only about a hour and 20 min drive to Cincy so Gage is coming in and we're going to go up to that series.

As far as the Reds go, there are a lot of Reds fans here in Louisville, but I don't care much for them. I've been to their new park once and thought it was vastly overrated.

I went a couple of years ago, it may have been the first year of the park, for the Cubs and Reds game where Farnsworth speared Paul Wilson. Reds won the game, so that was good.

Should be a fun sweep there as their lousy pitching will get rocked by PK, Thome, Jermaine and Co.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 08:56 AM)
It's only about a hour and 20 min drive to Cincy so Gage is coming in and we're going to go up to that series.

As far as the Reds go, there are a lot of Reds fans here in Louisville, but I don't care much for them.  I've been to their new park once and thought it was vastly overrated.

I went a couple of years ago, it may have been the first year of the park, for the Cubs and Reds game where Farnsworth speared Paul Wilson.  Reds won the game, so that was good.

Should be a fun sweep there as their lousy pitching will get rocked by PK, Thome, Jermaine and Co.

Argh, playing at that place in June is like a series at Wrigley with the wind blowing out, especially with the Reds lineup. They will probably find a way to win 1 game off of us. I dunno, as for GABP, it's not Miller Park good, but I just enjoy it's location downtown and by the river and think it's pretty fun. Not nearly The Cell or anything though. Reds fans despise the Cubs though and are pretty smart by what I've seen though, so it works for me.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 09:59 AM)
Argh, playing at that place in June is like a series at Wrigley with the wind blowing out, especially with the Reds lineup.  They will probably find a way to win 1 game off of us.  I dunno, as for GABP, it's not Miller Park good, but I just enjoy it's location downtown and by the river and think it's pretty fun.  Not nearly The Cell or anything though.  Reds fans despise the Cubs though and are pretty smart by what I've seen though, so it works for me.

Yea, they definitely hate the Cubs. And yes, its a great location for a park.

My main beef with the Reds is they just aren't showing a willingness to improve. That is a really good baseball town and they are just fielding a lousy product. Some of their signings (mainly Eric Milton recently) have just been horrible.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 08:43 AM)
It's going to suck when we can't play Thome on the road in the NL.

Yeah, our lineup will only be as good as it was last year then.

Another nice thing about the blistering pace Thome got out to? Gave everyone a reason to go buy tickets right at the beginning of the year, just to see that bastard hit the ball 485 feet. I'd pay for that.

QUOTE(WCSox @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 09:42 AM)
When the Sox draw 26,000 on a weekday in April against a team that will probably lose 100 games this year, you know the ballpark is going to be very full this summer.  :gosox2:

I was somewhat suprised at the 21,901 for the Tuesday game. I didn't figure they'd have a game under 25,000 the entire year...

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 08:43 AM)
It's going to suck when we can't play Thome on the road in the NL.

Why not? Thome can play 1B. That might also be a good way to give Paulie a day of rest.

Having either Thome or Paulie available to pinch-hit isn't exactly a negative, either.

QUOTE(WCSox @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 04:09 PM)
Why not?  Thome can play 1B.  That might also be a good way to give Paulie a day of rest.

Having either Thome or Paulie available to pinch-hit isn't exactly a negative, either.

Ozzie said that Thome isn't going to play in the field all season.

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 09:06 AM)
I was somewhat suprised at the 21,901 for the Tuesday game. I didn't figure they'd have a game under 25,000 the entire year...

Nah. There will always be a few games in April or September where the pre-sale and walk-up numbers will be really low. I'd be surprised if it happened again in June or July.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 09:11 AM)
Ozzie said that Thome isn't going to play in the field all season.

Really? They're being THAT careful with his back? Wow...

Surely, he'll pinch-hit late in the games against NL teams, though.

QUOTE(WCSox @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 10:16 AM)
Nah.  There will always be a few games in April or September where the pre-sale and walk-up numbers will be really low.  I'd be surprised if it happened again in June or July.

I guess it suprised me because the Wednesday day game had 26,000+. At least the Monday night total was explainable because of half-price tickets.

It's just funny that 5,000 more people decided to skip work on Wednesday rather than go Tuesday night and go to work the next day. :P

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 09:01 AM)
Yea, they definitely hate the Cubs.  And yes, its a great location for a park.

My main beef with the Reds is they just aren't showing a willingness to improve.  That is a really good baseball town and they are just fielding a lousy product.  Some of their signings (mainly Eric Milton recently) have just been horrible.

Well they do have the new owner and GM now, so I'm waiting to see what happens with that. They were able to get a decent MLB pitcher in Arroyo for sorry ass K king Wily Mo Pena, so that was a good start. And the thing is, they hired a guy from the Twins organization as their GM, so he knows how to win without a huge payroll.