It's Willie Time

redandwhite

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 02:15 PM)
Stern was giving the Red Sox some defense in center field that Harris and his groupies could only dream of providing.

What taking a gamble with the bases loaded that had it gotten by him would have entered the triangle resulting in an inside the park grand slam? I like Stern, alot, but this will benefit him greatly and was the plan since day one.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 08:17 PM)
What taking a gamble with the bases loaded that had it gotten by him would have entered the triangle resulting in an inside the park grand slam?  I like Stern, alot, but this will benefit him greatly and was the plan since day one.

Um...he caught the ball, that's what he's supposed to do. I'm eagerly awaiting to see Willie play though.

Willie went 1 for 2 in his debut including a clutch single in the 9th inning with 1 out that loaded the bases and gave Red Sox sluggers Trot Nixon and Jason Varitek chances to tie it with a slam, but the mighty Dan Miceli whiffed Nixon and induced a harmless flyout by Varitek to end it.