Derrek Lee Possibly Out 8-10 weeks

maggsmaggs

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can just hear it now....

Cubs fan on the score: "So, do you guys think we could package Felix Pie and Patterson to trade for David Ortiz? I mean, the Cubs would be gatting ripped off a little, but I want to win it all this year!"

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 06:53 PM)
Watch for the Cubs to trade for Tony Clark.

That actually wouldn't be a bad move. Any idea on how much loot he's making? The Cubs are in a horses*** situation right now. You better believe every team out there (especically NL teams) knows how desperate they are now. If they do make a move, I anticipate they'll have to severely overpay.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 07:56 PM)
i can just hear it now....

Cubs fan on the score: "So, do you guys think we could package Felix Pie and Patterson to trade for David Ortiz? I mean, the Cubs would be gatting ripped off a little, but I want to win it all this year!"

Murphy would be all over that, "I think the Red Sox would be open to a move like that..."

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 05:17 PM)
i knew right away it was broken when the cubs reported x-rays were "inconclusive".

aka, it's broken, delay the news so drunk out of towners buy more tickets for a couple days.

This is terribly sad for DLee. Damn shame, I wanted to see what he could do this season. But when I saw the collision that's waht I figured, and the Cubs sounding hopeful last night certainly was good confirmation.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 06:36 PM)
"Wait 'til next year."

That should be their marketing campaign slogan.

I'm glad that Lee was re-signed before the injury, though. Not that wrist fractures are career-threatening or anything, but Derek's a good guy it's nice that he has something to offset his recent misfortune.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 06:16 PM)
LOL.  I don't know how I even remembered that.

4/20 must be an important date for you. :P Bad break for the Cubs, DLee is one of those guys you have to respect no matter which team he is on.

Cub Fan Here

Just wanted to throw my two cents in here. I am not saying it's everyone on this board, but for those that have made their snide comments and laughed at a man's misfortune. How sick are you people???

I have read this board occasionally and while I realize you guys are still 40/60 Cub-Haters and therefore not actual White Sox fans (the 40, not the 60 for clarification) how can you laugh and mock celebrate a man's injury and a team's atrocious misfortune??? Are you people that demented and sick in the head that you would do that???

You guys had your magical year and you earned your World Series title. I give the Sox all the credit in the world for that. That said, is it still necessary to find humor and laughter in another team's and/or player's continual misfortune??? Haven't you excercised the demons of continually feeling inferior and neglected in the City???

If not, then I truly feel sorry for you people (the ones that are enjoying and laughing at Lee and the Cubs--not EVERYONE on here is doing that). I realize this is a Sox board and all that, but my goodness. Don't you guys have something better to focus on??? Are the rumors true, that Sox fans are really Green Bay Fudge Packer fans in disguise??? Sure are acting like it.

In conclusion, after reading several threads about how much the Cubs suck and this and that etc etc. Now with the celebratory attitude of some of you in light of this bad injury, I can only come to a possible 3 conclusions:

1. You guys are absolutely disgusting human beings and I hope you know how to read the instructions on a condom. Lord knows this world doesn't need offspring from the likes of you people.

2. You have never sniffed a competitive playing field of any kind. Anyone who has ever had the guts to play a sport in a competitive environment knows not to poke fun at injuries and laugh at them. Not matter what your allegiances are. You just don't do that garbage.

3. You have insecurities that run so deep and are so well hidden to your buddies, that you are prob the type of losers who beat your wives and girlfriends, can't hold jobs, are constantly drunk, and are constantly angry at the world because you are a closet homosexual with a di** so small that you get more pi$$ on your ball$ than actually reaches the toilet water.

The only question is..........which one of the three are you???

Again, this was only directed at those laughing and celebrating Lee's and the Cubs misfortune. Have a great day! :finger

DC