Derrek Lee Possibly Out 8-10 weeks

maggsmaggs

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DannyCooksey @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 09:12 PM)
Cub Fan Here

Just wanted to throw my two cents in here. I am not saying it's everyone on this board, but for those that have made their snide comments and laughed at a man's misfortune. How sick are you people???

I have read this board occasionally and while I realize you guys are still 40/60 Cub-Haters and therefore not actual White Sox fans (the 40, not the 60 for clarification) how can you laugh and mock celebrate a man's injury and a team's atrocious misfortune??? Are you people that demented and sick in the head that you would do that???

You guys had your magical year and you earned your World Series title. I give the Sox all the credit in the world for that. That said, is it still necessary to find humor and laughter in another team's and/or player's continual misfortune??? Haven't you excercised the demons of continually feeling inferior and neglected in the City???

If not, then I truly feel sorry for you people (the ones that are enjoying and laughing at Lee and the Cubs--not EVERYONE on here is doing that). I realize this is a Sox board and all that, but my goodness. Don't you guys have something better to focus on??? Are the rumors true, that Sox fans are really Green Bay Fudge Packer fans in disguise??? Sure are acting like it.

In conclusion, after reading several threads about how much the Cubs suck and this and that etc etc. Now with the celebratory attitude of some of you in light of this bad injury, I can only come to a possible 3 conclusions:

1. You guys are absolutely disgusting human beings and I hope you know how to read the instructions on a condom. Lord knows this world doesn't need offspring from the likes of you people.

2. You have never sniffed a competitive playing field of any kind. Anyone who has ever had the guts to play a sport in a competitive environment knows not to poke fun at injuries and laugh at them. Not matter what your allegiances are. You just don't do that garbage.

3. You have insecurities that run so deep and are so well hidden to your buddies, that you are prob the type of losers who beat your wives and girlfriends, can't hold jobs, are constantly drunk, and are constantly angry at the world because you are a closet homosexual with a di** so small that you get more pi$$ on your ball$ than actually reaches the toilet water.

The only question is..........which one of the three are you???

Again, this was only directed at those laughing and celebrating Lee's and the Cubs misfortune. Have a great day!  :finger

DC

Dude. Most people on this board have said specifically they feel badly about DLee, and anything negative they said (most people) is that its good we don't have to face him, which is a complement. If you want to see some serious anti-Cub sentiments, go over to WSI.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 21, 2006 -> 09:56 AM)
Dude.  Most people on this board have said specifically they feel badly about DLee, and anything negative they said (most people) is that its good we don't have to face him, which is a complement.  If you want to see some serious anti-Cub sentiments, go over to WSI.

But some have been nasty. A few of his points are dead on.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Apr 21, 2006 -> 10:20 AM)
Whose? Lee's?

Lee signed a 5-year, $65 million extension a few weeks ago.

I missed that, I didn't think he had resigned yet, thx.

I re-read this entire thread and don't see anyone being nasty or making fun of Lee at all. Yes, we make fun of Cub fans, but that's allowed. We didn't get any sympathy from Scrub fans when Maggs and Frank went down in the SAME year, so f*** em.

QUOTE(DannyCooksey @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 08:12 PM)
Cub Fan Here

Just wanted to throw my two cents in here. I am not saying it's everyone on this board, but for those that have made their snide comments and laughed at a man's misfortune. How sick are you people???

:crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying

Actually, we're laughing at the Cubs' misfortune, not Lee's. I don't think that anybody here dislikes Derek on a personal level. Plus, I'm sure that his new $65 million contract is keeping his spirits high.

BTW, way to go troll on a Sox board like a pre-pubescent teenager. What was that you were saying about feeling "inferior?"

Grow up.

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 21, 2006 -> 09:04 AM)
But some have been nasty. A few of his points are dead on.

There are always a few losers. No question about it.

And I certainly see no reason for people here to respond as nastily to the Cub fan as they have, flinging insults. But before his post, the great majority of posts were not offensive or cheering the injury.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 21, 2006 -> 11:27 AM)
There are always a few losers.  No question about it.

And I certainly see no reason for people here to respond as nastily to the Cub fan as they have, flinging insults.  But before his post, the great majority of posts were not offensive or cheering the injury.

I agree in this thread. But it's happened in the past so it's not like his claim is out in left field. Hell.. just wander over to any Bonds thread. :rolly

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ Apr 21, 2006 -> 11:40 AM)
Bonds is different. He's a racist prick who's brought this on himself. Lee is one of the nicer guys off the field.

Shut up. No one deserves to be laughed at for an injury.

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 21, 2006 -> 10:41 AM)
Shut up. No one deserves to be laughed at for an injury.

Where was anybody in this thread, or this situation on these boards, laughing AT Lee? This chowderhead is making claims about this situation, on these boards, this thread. I read nothing laughing at Lee personally. It's just some guy trying to stir crap up, or reading too much into what is being said here.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go hide a certain voodoo doll I have here...

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Apr 21, 2006 -> 11:52 AM)
Where was anybody in this thread, or this situation on these boards, laughing AT Lee? This chowderhead is making claims about this situation, on these boards, this thread. I read nothing laughing at Lee personally. It's just some guy trying to stir crap up, or reading too much into what is being said here.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go hide a certain voodoo doll I have here...

Give 'em some slack.. they aint got much else to do these days. :lol:

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Apr 21, 2006 -> 12:03 PM)
Nice going, you know that's going to bring more out claiming how mean you're being now.

LOL.. I can't go more than a few days without some type of outburst. :lolhitting

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 21, 2006 -> 09:56 AM)
Dude.  Most people on this board have said specifically they feel badly about DLee, and anything negative they said (most people) is that its good we don't have to face him, which is a complement.  If you want to see some serious anti-Cub sentiments, go over to WSI.

Most of the posters on WSI have also said they feel badly about DLee's injury.

White Sox fans have class.

QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ Apr 21, 2006 -> 03:35 PM)
Most of the posters on WSI have also said they feel badly about DLee's injury.

White Sox fans have class.

I believe it. In truth, I haven't been over there lately. What I was saying was that the anti-cub fervor is much greater over there than in here, for the most part. I am sure that very few people on either board are revelling in this or any player's injury (except for Bonds, I guess).

Personal Message from: DannyCooksey-

Obviously you can't read. I never said all of them were laughing. If you were a Cub fan, which you are not, you would stand up for your team and its best player.

You are prob the type of Wrigley Field fan that all Cub fans hate. You prob can't name 10 players on the team. This explains why you are on a Sox board hopelessly trying to make friends.

I came on here to hammer some idiots who are laughing at the team I love and its best player. You seem to be on here an awful lot for a Cub fan.

:fight

:P

Edited by SouthsideNorthsideFan