bonds injured?

samclemens

QUOTE(samclemens @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 05:47 PM)
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2415914

think he may actually be injured? (cause i sure as hell do)

Well from what I seen this week I would say so, he could barely move in LF and was K'd by rookie Casey Diagle. He still has a way of changing the game even though he is hitting .168 Monday with a runner on and Mark Sweeney up 2-0 in the count got a belt high FB and tied the game then today he got an intentional walk to load them up and then Sweeney also drew a walk which gave the Giants the win.

He's definitely compromising his swing to compensate for the knee and elbow problems.

I don't think he cares about passing Aaron anyway - it's always been about passing Ruth. He'll hang around as long as it takes to get to 715, then anything after that up to and until 756 is gravy for him. If he has to hang 'em up in 2nd place, I think he'd be okay with it.

I know a LOT of baseball fans would be okay with that too, if his finishing 3rd is out of the equation.

I have a ton of respect for Henry Aaron, and absolutely none for Barry Bonds. IMO it would be a disservice to baseball to have a self-serving, hateful, bitter, jealous, spiteful, angry man like Bonds pass a classy, humble gentleman like Aaron for the all-time HR title.

I wish it wasnt so interesting to everyone that Bonds hit his first homerun of the year yesterday. Its the lead story on all of the major sports networks(in the MLB sections, of course).

I agree with you, i mean, even on some games, the announcers would be like "I heard bonds hit his first homer today" etc.

Who cares?

QUOTE(iWiN4PreP @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 10:13 AM)
I agree with you, i mean, even on some games, the announcers would be like "I heard bonds hit his first homer today" etc.

Who cares?

Well he is 6 homers away from becoming 2nd in the history of baseball

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 10:15 AM)

I understand that completely. Its just annoying the crap out of me. We are on alert for every homerun he hits, and even moreso for the games he doesnt hit homeruns. I understand why, I just wish it would be over soon.

Whenever I watch ESPN and they get to the score of the Gaints game, they have this stupid "CHASING RUTH" crap. We don't need to know how Bonds does every day. He goes yard, fine, let us know when Baseball Tonight does the "Touch 'em All" Don't flash it on the screen 24/7 and tell us every 2 minutes. God, I hate ESPN

eh thats a valid point. Just as they said, we really don't need it every second, especially the way he is playing. 1 homer only. If he was on fire it would be something else, and worth hearing.