Game Thread: Sox vs Twinkies 4-21-06

Capn12

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 11:59 PM)
Had a pretty solid run last year on starting these things, and since everyone else is scared of Johan, I'll get us going here!!

Santana (0-2, 5.71) vs. Buehrle (2-0, 2.25)

Not the best track record against Johan obviously, but I didn't realize it was this bad last year:

The crafty left-hander actually went 4-0 (16-7 overall), with two shutouts and a 0.92 ERA, in five starts against Chicago last season. The White Sox hit just .175 against Santana with 44 strikeouts.

:gosox3:

Hopefully with Thome, and what seems to be improved plate discipline by the rest of our hitters, we can turn the tide against him this year.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Apr 21, 2006 -> 01:57 PM)
I'll be in attendance tonight. If you sit in the row below or in front of me, prepare to catch miscellaneous souveniers (tshirts, balls, etc) deflecting off of my not so supple hands.  :banghead  :P

ROTFLMAO!!! :lolhitting

Should be a good one. Johan is as hittable right now as he'll ever be but I'm sure he's still going to throw a good game against us because he always does. Hopefully we can manufacture a few runs and pull this out. Also, I wouldn't be shocked to see Pablo start tonight, iirc he actually did pretty decent against Santana last year.